Production ManagerDr Pepper Snapple Group - Irving, TX
This position is responsible as part of the plant leadership team for achieving business and financial goals by developing people and maintaining robust manufacturing processes while leading continuous improvement. Overall responsibility for leading the manufacturing team in achieving performance targets with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on time delivery, cost and employee development. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create a high performance culture. Must work cooperatively with other functional leaders and managers to optimize the entire production process to exceed the needs of the customer, and is relentless about continuous improvement. The Production Manager is the process owner and possesses the business acumen to balance strategy deployment with tactical execution to include capital planning/deployment and tracking to completion. The Production Manager is also the site champion for Lean Six Sigma processes leading the journey to a visual factory.
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to “Be the Best Beverage Business in the Americas”. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
1. Ensures the proper application and interpretation of established personnel and safety policies throughout the plant.
2. Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements
3. Ensure equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
4. Meet the productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental and morale goals established for the site.
5. Coordinate beverages packaging ensuring safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
6. Set team goals, assign team members and administratively and technically direct the work of subordinates. Measure, communicate and improve group performance statistics and acting as an agent to support improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals.
7. Oversees day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly quarterly and yearly expectations. Lead the production lines in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control (HR X HR performance), establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and shop floor execution.
8. Manage within labor and operating expense budget while reducing operational costs via continuous improvement.
9. Lead implementation and achievement of long term manufacturing strategies through lean manufacturing principles and processes to include capital deployment
10. Demonstrate knowledge about employees within the area and the value of that knowledge when applied to specific solutions to problems, specifically in the area of Time Away from Work (Gather details and the employee skills matrix is updated regularly)
11. Coordinate beverages packaging ensuring safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
12. Meet the productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental and morale goals established for the site.
13. Complete and update all necessary production paperwork and record.
14. Ensure equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
15. Review and analyze production records to identify opportunities for improvement.
16. Make recommendations for long term solutions, including recommendations for replacing equipment, refurbishing equipment, procedural changes, productivity improvement, material change, etc., related to the area of accountability.
17. Foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization while leading and facilitating Kaizen events
18. Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements
19. Must promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets
20. Drive the continuous improvement agenda in area of responsibility through teamwork, skills and capability development
21. Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
22. Responsible for managing team members, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Product line or work group
23. Extensive interface between Operations, Materials, Plant engineering, and Management teams
24. Ownership of business unit 365 days a year of operation
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.','!*!
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
5 years demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
2 years experience in food, beverage, pharmaceutical, or chemical manufacturing
2 years experience in industrial maintenance
2 or more years of experience with SAP a plus
Lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs repeatedly
1 year experience with lean six sigma techniques in a manufacturing facility
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is the leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 11 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes Sunkist soda, 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Crush, Mott's, Squirt, Hawaiian Punch, Peñafiel, Clamato, Schweppes, Rose's and Mr & Mrs T mixers.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
','Operations','United States-Texas-Irving','','Supply Chain','Full-time','Production Manager
10 days 1 hour ago
applyProduction Manager Dr Pepper Snapple Group - Irving, TX, United States
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is the No.1 flavored carbonated soft drink (CSD) company in the Americas and a leading innovator and marketer of functional/non-carbonated beverages. DPS serves consumers throughout North America via a broad and flexible route to market. This includes a combination of direct store delivery and warehouse delivery capabilities supported by our 21 manufacturing centers, more than 115 distribution centers and approximately 19,000 employees across North America, in addition to the operations of hundreds of third-party bottlers and distributors. At Dr Pepper Snapple Group, it is our vision to be the best beverage business in the Americas. Our brands have been synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor for generations, and our sales are poised to keep growing in the future. Our strategy reflects and builds upon our position as the leading flavored beverage business in the U.S. Accordingly, we focus on: Building and enhancing our leading brands Pursuing profitable channels, packages and categories Leveraging our integrated business models Strengthening our route to market Improving operating efficiency
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Production Manager
- Production Manager
Fort Worth, TX
- Supervisor, Maintenance
Grand Prairie, TX
- Production Supervisor
View More Jobs in Irving, TX:
- View More Jobs in Irving, TX
- More Production Manager Jobs in Irving, TX
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Irving, TX
- More Dr Pepper Snapple Group Jobs in Irving, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Production Manager Jobs in Texas
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Irving, TX
- More Dr Pepper Snapple Group Jobs in Texas