Product Manager, Automation SolutionsAgilent Technologies, Inc. - Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a product marketing professional to join the fast-paced Agilent Liquid Handling Automation group. This is your opportunity to join the team that's bringing differentiated products and workflow application solutions to the automated sample prep market to help our customers increase their productivity and streamline their experimental workflows. As a member of this high-performing team, your product management role will further advance the success of the Bravo Liquid Handling platform and VWorks Software in the Pharma, Biopharma & Clinical Research markets.
To accomplish this, you will have the responsibility to:
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to define trends and strategically evaluate new market opportunities and work with others in the marketing team to identify new products/features that can enhance customer workflows.
-Define pricing strategy, product messaging, positioning and configuration to ensure the best possible performance versus business goals for current and future products using market research and feedback from customers.
- Collaborate with customers and key opinion leaders to generate proof of concept data and penetrate key application areas.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders from other Agilent groups including marketing from other business units, engineering, application development, manufacturing, sales and service to achieve business objectives.
- Work with marketing communications professionals to develop programs and customer-focused collateral materials for your products.
- Develop and deliver sales training that enables the sales team to clearly position your products and explain their benefits to our current and future customers.
- Manage your product line through the entire product life cycle.
- Create and give presentations at conferences, workshops, and customer sites.
- Determines and develops approaches to product marketing/ solution and product planning assignments.
- Leads projects requiring coordination with other functions, customers, third parties.
- Solves a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity.
• Masters or Higher Degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genomics or a related discipline
• 2 years product management experience required
• 5 years practical experience in the life sciences field
• Experience with Product Management/Marketing of instruments and/or consumables in the life science industry
• Experience with Liquid Handling Automation products, and/or sample prep process in the chromatography or mass spectrometry market and an understanding of customer workflows within these markets
• Strong organizational skills. Be able to demonstrate the ability to set priorities based on alignment with business goals and strategic direction, define timelines and deliver to commitments
• Demonstrated use of marketing skills and market knowledge to define and commercialize products that result in business success
• Leadership ability to focus the cross functional team, drive product support and deliver results across the organization
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with sales and marketing professionals across the organization to develop effective market strategies and programs which meet revenue forecasts and growth targets
• Experience in working with worldwide customers and is a strong internal advocate for customer-focused solutions and application-driven development
• Must exhibit strategic thinking, teamwork, creativity, planning and execution skills backed by strong analytical and decision making
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Ability to convey Agilent’s product solution vision and market strategy to internal and external partners
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
6 days 17 hours ago
applyProduct Manager, Automation Solutions Agilent Technologies, Inc. - Santa Clara, CA, United States
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals:
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Manager, Robotic Systems
Palo Alto, CA
- Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Redwood City, CA
- Director, Quality Engineering
- SAP Integration Manager - Military veterans preferred
San Jose, CA
View More Jobs in Santa Clara, CA:
- View More Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Product Manager Automation Solutions Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Product Manager Automation Solutions Jobs in California
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in California