Product Line ManagerEsterline Technologies Corporation - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Rancho Santa Margarita
The Product Line Manager is responsible for maximizing the profitability of a product throughout the product’s life cycle. Having excellent understanding of the market and customer dynamics, the PLM develops the initial business case, primary product positioning and pricing strategy, product commercialization and develops the launch plans. The PLM then manages the life cycle of the product including the growth strategy and technology/variant roadmap through to end of life of the product.
Through customer contact and a broad understanding of the market, generate market requirements documents, including the market price, with associated business cases that outline the product to Engineering and Unit Management.
Produce detailed Marketing Briefs - that define all aspects of the business plan and product launch strategies.
In conjunction with sales, develop the product growth strategy.
Collaborates closely with Sales to analyze data on market segments, trends, competitors, and emerging markets for their product lines.
Lead the decision making process for new product developments or variants as well as determining when to obsolete an existing product.
Authors and drives promotion plans including exhibitions, brochure production, advertising, website development and press releases where appropriate.
Creation of white papers to aid the market positioning of the company and the product.
Subject matter expert for the product at a business development level. Engages customers in technical discussions for the purpose of growing the product.
Drives the direction for the preparation of bids based on product plan strategies. Drives bid strategies and pricing.
Understands the competitive offerings and how to win in a competition.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
Minimum Bachelors Level Engineering Degree, MBA (preferred)
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Aerospace & Defense market
Experience should be in Product Management,
Sales, Business Development, Program Management or Engineering
Leadership experience at similar level
Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of ECCS and customer management and staff
Proven track record of success in collaborative management style and the ability to work closely in a cross-functional environment
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S. Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
10 days 15 hours ago
applyProduct Line Manager Esterline Technologies Corporation - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, United States
Esterline Corporation is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. Approximately 80% of total revenues are generated from aerospace/defense markets. The remaining 20% is from the application of these technologies in adjacent markets. Esterline management views the company’s businesses in three segments related to its set of core competencies: Avionics & Controls, Sensors & Systems, and Advanced Materials.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr Project Program Mgr
- Product Line Manager
- Product Line Manager
- Senior Strategic Account Manager- Seismic Products - Militar...
- Hurley, Product Line Manager
Costa Mesa, CA
View More Jobs in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA:
- View More Jobs in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
- More Product Line Manager Jobs in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
- More Esterline Technologies Corporation Jobs in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Product Line Manager Jobs in California
- More Esterline Technologies Corporation Jobs in California