Product Line Manager, Augmented and Mixed Reality Solutions JobCorning Incorporated - Corning, NY
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components, and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Develops and executes a product line strategy that supports the achievement of desired product line sales growth and profitability for the Precision Glass Solutions business
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Works closely with, or leads, a cross-functional product team consisting of functional leads from Development, Product Engineering, Applications Engineering, Manufacturing, Commercial Technology, Marketing and/or Sales to:
o Develop the product or product line’s market value proposition and pricing strategy.
o Develop and execute the product line planning process (Product Line Plan), including the identification of critical projects to be undertaken for the year.
o Find the optimal solution (balancing the needs of Corning and the customer) to all product issues related to performance (i.e., specs, attributes, services), quality, share growth, customer needs (contract management).
o Coordinate with Legal to create an intellectual property and standards strategy for the product line.
o Understand downstream market requirements and assess competitive threats and implications for the business.
o Provide vision and coordinate sales inputs for budget and 5-years plans
o Track sales and synchronize with Commercial/ Program teams to reach targets
o Track technology trends in the Augmented/ Mixed Reality emerging market, determine how Corning might influence these trends to maximize return.
• Create long-term forecasting plans.
• Work with Program Management or New Business Development to ‘receive’, screen and resource new opportunities and products, as appropriate.
• Develop the product line strategy and manages the product line through the stages of innovation, from product concept through commercialization and life-cycle management, as appropriate depending on the stage of handoff from Program Management or New Business Development.
• Identifies the best mix for the market(s) through effective segmentation and portfolio rationalization.
• Optimizes inventory management related to the product line by coordinating information flow, as needed, between Forecasting, Sales, Manufacturing, and other parties as needed.
• May get involved in supply chain disruption issues to influence or make decisions on global order and Development/Manufacturing prioritization.
• Work with Manufacturing and Sales to identify opportunities to reduce complexity and cost reduction in the manufacturing process both at Corning’s plant(s) and the customer site, as appropriate.
• Work with the Standards group to set and drive the standards strategy for the product line.
• Address new product/special requests by developing a business case (including P&L and balance sheet implications) to determine the feasibility and pricing requirements of the requests.
• Own and optimizes pricing levels by setting floor price, establishing pricing structure, optimizing product premiums, and ensuring value received for product line.
• Works to develop value propositions that improve margins for Corning’s products and services and enable new/enhanced selling opportunities with customers.
• Manage the obsolescence process, as necessary, to extract maximum value through the end of the product’s lifecycle.
• May oversee, develop, and direct a Product Line team.
• Work with Marketing to define external communication strategy and associated tools
Travel Requirements: 20-40%
Required Education: BS Degree, preferably in an Engineering or Technical field (Material Science strongly preferred). MBA or Master degree is a plus.
Required Years and Area of Experience: 10
• Demonstrated track record of managing projects and leading multi-functional teams
• Ability to think fast, be decisive, and grow a new business to multiple $10M’s
• Proven track record of developing and delivering strategies in complex environments
• Ability to understand, internalize and fully exploit a P&L to deliver growth and profit targets
• MBA or equivalent demonstrated experience (i.e., extensive experience in business)
• Ability to understand technical problems reported by customer
• Optics knowledge/experience
• Engineering, Applied Science, or equivalent demonstrated experience
• Demonstrated track record of new product launches and y-o-y of progressive growth
• Experience delivering a growing P&L with a multi-year strategy
• Work experience in Manufacturing and/or Development
• Financial analysis and accounting experience
• Work experience in a strategy group
• Experience managing people
• Work experience in a commercial function with direct customer engagement
Required to sign covenant not to compete.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply online at:
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 10 or more
Education Required: Bachelors
19 days 8 hours ago
applyProduct Line Manager, Augmented and Mixed Reality Solutions Job Corning Incorporated - Corning, NY, United States
Corning Incorporated manufactures and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. The company operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. The Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs) that are used primarily in notebook computers, flat panel desktop monitors, and LCD televisions. The Optical Communications segment manufactures optical fiber and cable, and hardware and equipment products comprising cable assemblies, fiber optic hardware and connectors, optical components and couplers, closures, network interface devices, and other accessories. The Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary, and gasoline and diesel applications. The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide approximately 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics, and fluoride crystals. The Life Sciences segment develops, manufactures, and supplies scientific laboratory products, such as general labware and equipment, as well as specialty surfaces, media, and reagents for cell culture research, bioprocessing, genomics, drug discovery, microbiology, and chemistry. This segment also develops and produces various technologies, including the Corning Epic technology for screening; the Corning HYPER platform of vessels for cell yields; Corning Microcarriers for cell scale-up, therapy, and vaccine applications; Corning CellBIND, Matrigel, BioCoat, and Synthemax II surfaces; and Corning stemgro media. Corning Incorporated has strategic collaboration agreement with World Kitchen, LLC. The company was formerly known as Corning Glass Works and changed its name to Corning Incorporated in April 1989. Corning Incorporated was founded in 1851 and is based in Corning, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Corning, NY:
- View More Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Product Line Manager Augmented and Mixed Reality Solutions Job Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Engineering Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Accounting Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in Corning, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Product Line Manager Augmented and Mixed Reality Solutions Job Jobs in New York
- More Engineering Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Accounting Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in New York