Product Development Manager - R&D Technical DevelopmentShaw Industries, Inc. - Dalton, GA
Product Development Manager – Shaw Nonwovens
Our Senior Development Engineer in Shaw Nonwovens works with a variety of people within a diverse portfolio of market segments and product applications. Shaw Nonwovens products are found not only on the floor of commercial and retail entryways, but are key components in the Transportation, Recreation, Wallcovering, and Industrial Fabrics markets.
Why Shaw Nonwovens?
Well, as part of Shaw Industries, Inc., we are a financially robust Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary. We have strong relationships with diverse manufacturers nationwide which means that we are not limited to a particular product and can offer competitive value. Finally, and most importantly, our market leadership is unparalleled. This is reflected in the way our customers, vendors, and partners feel about doing business with us.
We need a Senior Development Engineer who loves finding creative solutions through practical designs and has experience in the nonwovens field. We want someone who loves growth in a fast-paced work environment, is a self-starter and thrives in a setting where they can take control of their career and their potential to grow with the business.
• Technical expert for Needlepunch processes, Carding, AirLay, Needlepunch, Structure, Thermal Bonding, Coating and Raw Materials used in Nonwovens.
• Understand current Nonwoven capabilities and stay up to date on advances in Nonwoven machinery and processes.
• Apply expertise to create new product opportunities and to overcome obstacles in new product design.
• Create new product designs based on Market needs, New Technology, Raw Materials, and Manufacturing Capabilities.
• Manage the development of new products and processes from concept to commercialization
• Demonstrate technical ownership of all projects and products.
• Coordinate lab and pilot work, XR’s, TPR’s and all associated testing required to advance new development projects to commercialization.
• Perform Capital Project Management as required by development work.
• Improve technology on existing products, manufacturing processes, and recycling processes based on evolving technologies.
• Utilize effective statistical and analysis techniques including Design of Experiment to assist the development team and enhance future decision making.
• Assist in installation and startup of new equipment, as needed.
• Interface with the customers, Manufacturing, QE, and Tech Services to ensure that the appropriate testing protocols are in place for the finished product.
• Ensure that company assets, including fixed assets, raw materials, intellectual property, and supplies are protected.
• Utilize software tools to accomplish goals and manage projects (Power Steering, Minitab, etc.)
• Ensure that the Shaw core values of honesty, integrity, and passion are demonstrated.
• Manage Shaw Nonwovens’ Innovation Portfolio based on priorities set by the Strategic Business Unit
• Assist with management of Intellectual Property
• Contribute to the development of, and execute responsible portions of the Shaw Nonwovens’ Growth Strategy
• Establish self in the market and represent Shaw as the market leader by recognizing trends and understanding the participants (including direct, and indirect, competition) and Shaw’s position in the market.
• Network with raw material suppliers, equipment manufacturers, and customers in related trade associations and events.
• Execute Action Plan
• Initiate Action
• Learn Continuously
• Coach and Support
• Build Trusting Relationships
• Bachelor Degree or higher; engineering degree preferred
• Experience in Nonwoven Manufacturing and Product Design
• Effective written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels of the organization; between peers, management, and plant personnel.
• Inventive with solutions, but balanced with the ability to reduce the ideas to practice
• Creative balanced with a sense of practical/functional design
• Effective, systematic, problem-solving skills
• Skills to analyze data with effective statistical techniques
• Effective interpersonal and management skills
• Organizational skills and be detail-oriented, with engineering approach
• 4 year engineering degree
• Six Sigma training
• Knowledge and experience in polymer chemistry, polymer processing, and recycling
• Expertise in Nonwoven Manufacturing and Product Design
• Track record of Innovative results
• Experience managing Intellectual Property matters
10 days 22 hours ago
applyProduct Development Manager - R&D Technical Development Shaw Industries, Inc. - Dalton, GA, United States
Shaw got its start in 1946 as Star Dye Company, a small business that dyed tufted scatter rugs. The events that transformed the company into the world's largest carpet manufacturer are too numerous to write or even fully know. But the philosophy guiding those events meeting customers, determine their needs, and supplying those needs hasn't changed much through the years.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Technical Manager
View More Jobs in Dalton, GA:
- View More Jobs in Dalton, GA
- More Product Development Manager R D Technical Development Jobs in Dalton, GA
- More Engineering Jobs in Dalton, GA
- More Shaw Industries, Inc. Jobs in Dalton, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Product Development Manager R D Technical Development Jobs in Georgia
- More Engineering Jobs in Dalton, GA
- More Shaw Industries, Inc. Jobs in Georgia