Procurement Lead - IT ConsultingAetna Inc. - Scottsdale, AZ
To manage strategic sourcing efforts for the Labor Category within the IT Procurement Commodities. Labor consists of large offshore suppliers, high end management consulting and smaller knowledge based consulting.
To manage RFPs, develop business cases, negotiate with the suppliers, manage the effort, communicate with stakeholders and construct contracts in order to manage risk, reduce costs and select the best product and services. Partnering with senior IT and Business stakeholders will be a key success criteria.
1. Analyzes category spend to identify opportunities to reduce individual contract/sub-category spend utilizing all savings levers.
2. Mentors and leads analysts with assigned projects by overseeing timelines, building contingency plans, executing corrective actions, communicating issues resolution, and identifying and utilizing key milestones, stakeholders, and resources needed to ensure timely and successful deal negotiations
3. Develops strategic plans for highly complex projects (over $15 million) and commodities to drive value for the category based on an understanding of the business units needs, the supply market, spend baseline and industry benchmarks.
4. Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in for established strategy.
5. Leads select complex sourcing projects (over $15 million) and extended teams to bring the highest value to Aetna
6. Analyzes information, including market and industry trends, along with advances in sourcing, make recommendations and present relevant data regarding Aetnas sourcing to senior level management
7. Directs financial modeling and analysis
8. Partners with Aetna business units to translate business objectives into sourcing strategies while rationalizing the supplier base
9. Develops and leads cross-functional teams, projects, processes and initiatives that improve operational and cost efficiency
10. Turns strategic direction into specific goals, deliverables and metrics
11. Works successfully with legal and business teams to ensure best solution for Aetna.
12. Identifies regional and global sourcing opportunities, influence internal spend owners and drive to successful completion
13. Drafts complex agreements, Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) documentation (for projects in excess of $15 million) with minimal direction using traditional or e-sourcing applications
14. Documents complex business requirements and translates them into deliverable or SLA based contracting models
15. Works with a wide range of professionals, lead distributed virtual teams, and coach individuals and teams as needed to meet business, operational and compliance needs.
16. Researches and analyzes industry best practices and drives improvements to ensure that Aetnas sourcing processes are best in class
17. Independently negotiates complex contractual terms and conditions (for contracts in excess of $15 million) in order to mitigate operational
1. Minimum of 7 years of experience in a combination of the following related areas; supply chain, procurement, vendor management, sourcing or operations.
2. Minimum of 5 years of category expertise in Information Technology and must have proven experience working with large labor suppliers (Cognizant, Infosys, Accenture, PWC, etc.)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Procurement/Certified Purchasing Manager is desired
Project Management/Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired
Functional - Information Technology/Strategy & planning/7-10 Years
Functional - Project Management/Procurement Management/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Vendor management/1-3 Years
Functional - Leadership/Act as company spokesperson to external constituents/4-6 Years
Functional - Leadership/Lead significant enterprise-wide initiative/4-6 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/7-10 Years/Power User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/7-10 Years/Power User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Visio/1-3 Years/End User
Hartford CT, Scottsdale AZ, Tampa FL
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Do you want to work for a Fortune 50 company? We have a great opening in our Procurement team on the Technology Category. This individual will work with the largest consulting firms in the world and negotiate highly complex deals. If you are up for a challenge, want to grow your skills and be recognized as one of the best in the world, come join us!
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here
to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
applyProcurement Lead - IT Consulting Aetna Inc. - Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions. The Health Care segment provides medical, pharmacy benefit management, dental, behavioral health, and vision plans on an insured basis, and an employer-funded or administrative basis. This segment also provides Medicare and Medicaid products and services, as well as other medical products, such as medical management and data analytics services, medical stop loss insurance, workers' compensation administrative services, and products that provide access to its provider networks in select markets. This segment offers its products and services to multi-site national, mid-sized, and small employers, as well as individual customers. The Group Insurance segment provides life insurance products comprising group term life insurance, voluntary spouse and dependent term life insurance, group universal life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; disability insurance products; and long-term care insurance products, which offer benefits to cover the cost of care in private home settings, adult day care, assisted living, or nursing facilities. This segment provides insurance products principally to employers that sponsor its products for the benefit of their employees and their employees dependents. The Large Case Pensions segment manages various retirement products, including pension and annuity products for tax-qualified pension plans. The companys customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups, and expatriates. Aetna Inc. was founded in 1853 and is headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Information Security Analyst, Vendor Risk & Oversight
- SAP IBP with S&OP, DP and SP - Manager (Supply Cha)
- SAP IBP with S&OP, DP and SP - Manager (Supply Cha)
- Managed Services Engineer - Solaris
View More Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ:
- View More Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Procurement Lead IT Consulting Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Aetna Inc. Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
View More Jobs in Arizona:
- View More Jobs in Arizona
- More Procurement Lead IT Consulting Jobs in Arizona
- More Aetna Inc. Jobs in Arizona