Process Improvement LeadUSG Corporation - Greenville, MS
Process Improvement Lead','GRE10139','!*!POSITION SUMMARY
Effectively leads Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement projects within the local plant. Researches and identifies fiscally sound potential projects and then uses established leadership skills to build, develop, and lead teams to execute a solution for the project. Incumbent uses standardized Lean Six Sigma methodologies to systematically eliminate waste and reduce process variation. This includes identifying integration issues, removing barriers to success and tracking project status in order to obtain results as quickly as possible.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and articulates vision and strategies. Ensures two-way open communication throughout the organization for Lean Six Sigma. This includes keeping the Deployment Champion and business unit sponsor informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities between other Black Belts. Finally, captures lessons learned from previous projects that can be replicated.
Negotiates adeptly with individuals and groups over roles and resources.
Able to inspire, motivate, and spark others to take action. Must be a decisive team leader and results-oriented “change agent” who is also an effective business systems thinker. The incumbent must be pro-active, analytical, and process driven with a strong focus on understanding and exceeding the expectations of the customer.
Must work effectively with a cross functional team and other people over whom he/she has no authority. Effectively communicates with all levels to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing the local plant’s goals. Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
Decision Making / Problem Solving
Gathers and analyzes information to formulate actions. Manages the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which project goals, objectives, and metrics are being met. Provides Deployment Champion and Sponsor with the results and recommends appropriate corrective action.
Digs beneath surface and tests the validity of information. Understands statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, Lean Six Sigma, quality, and basic financial principles and applies them to analyze the planned activities.
Carefully weighs consequences of contemplated action. Ensures projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy.
Decisive; doesn’t procrastinate on decisions.
Actively participates/collaborates with team members to enhance team’s effectiveness. Possesses effective interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing the Plant’s Lean Six Sigma goals. Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
Provides personal contributions and assists others to maximize team goal attainment.
Builds cooperative relationships. Recruits Team Members into the Lean Six Sigma infrastructure, and ensures continuing development of their skills.
Skilled at relating to many different types of people.
Administration / Organization
Structures subordinates’ work appropriately.
Can organize and manage big, long-term projects. Must have the aptitude for statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, Lean Six Sigma, quality, and basic financial principles in order to analyze planned activities. Should have knowledge of other functions that will provide inputs regularly, i.e., Research and Development, Manufacturing, Engineering, Tech Services, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Sales.
Can easily handle situations where there is no pat answer, no prescribed method for proceeding.
Energy / Drive / Ambition
Goal-directed, persistent; driven to achieve objectives. The incumbent must be pro-active, analytical, and process driven with a strong focus on understanding and exceeding the expectations.
Is a positive influence on others.
Deals well with set-backs. Identifies integration issues, removes barriers, and tracks project status in order to obtain results.
Responds well to new situations that require him or her to stretch and grow.
Sets priorities well; distinguishes clearly between important and unimportant tasks.
Encourages learning and training opportunities. Ensures projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy.
Plans, schedules, and ensures employees effectively perform assigned duties.','!*!Education
· No college degree required, but preferred.
· Must successfully complete the USG Lean Six Sigma Certification Process.
Years of Experience
· Minimum of two years experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution.
· Strong leadership and team management skills.
· Mastery of Lean Six Sigma tools.
· Strong mathematical and statistical analysis skills.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· Strong business orientation and financial analysis skills.
· IT competency in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to persuade groups or individuals to take a certain course of action.
· Strong time management and project management skills to keep focused on the goals of the project.
· Creative with a “Big Picture” mindset.','Lean Six Sigma','United States-Mississippi-Greenville','','Greenville-Office','Full-time','Process Improvement Lead
6 days 12 hours ago
applyProcess Improvement Lead USG Corporation - Greenville, MS, United States
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative products and systems that build the environments in which we live, work and play. - See more at: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg.html#sthash.D4TPgOpT.dpuf
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Process Improvement Engineer
- Process Improvement Engineer (PIE)
- Production Engineer (Process Improvement)
- Lead Business Analyst- Process Improvement- Lean Six Sigma O...
Lake Buena Vista, FL
View More Jobs in Greenville, MS:
- View More Jobs in Greenville, MS
- More Process Improvement Lead Jobs in Greenville, MS
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Greenville, MS
- More USG Corporation Jobs in Greenville, MS
View More Jobs in Mississippi:
- View More Jobs in Mississippi
- More Process Improvement Lead Jobs in Mississippi
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Greenville, MS
- More USG Corporation Jobs in Mississippi