Principal UX Designer - Alexa EngineAmazon.com, Inc. - Seattle, WA
We are a team working on audio, speech and language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. Our mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), and audio signal processing in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
As a Principal UX Designer for voice and environmental interactions, you will lead, define, and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon and Alexa experiences. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You will need to be working side-by-side with specialized product managers, voice designers, scientists and engineers to bring your designs to life. You must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables. You will excel at the clarification of complexity to obtain the best customer experience for Alexa consumers that is natural, intuitive, and future-defining. You will design for interactive environments using location, orientation, navigation, and consider user paths that cross typical boundaries.
We are looking for a designer who can:
• Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications for spatial environments.
• Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews.
• Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues.
• Learn and practice ever evolving techniques in voice interaction design by collaborating with product managers, engineers, and testers.
• Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision.
• Communicate clearly and think quickly.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 10 years of professional experience as an interactive designer, user experience designer, or human-computer interaction.
• Bachelor's Degree in User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Game Design, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Linguistics or a related field.
• A professional portfolio of experience design case studies and prototypes.
• User experience design skill set including environmental design strategies, and a working understanding of speech, language, and augmented technologies.
• Experience with prototyping, testing, usability, or design of voice user interface.
• Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback from product management, engineering, and marketing.
• Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior management.
• Experience pushing the boundaries of interaction using various signals types and human decision-making.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's Degree in created user experiences focusing on system and computational design methodologies.
• Recent experience with voice or multimodal speech interfaces.
• Experience in internationalization and associated cultural considerations of product.
• An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
• Committed to learning, expanding, and mentoring professional and technical knowledge.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
2 days 13 hours ago
applyPrincipal UX Designer - Alexa Engine Amazon.com, Inc. - Seattle, WA, United States
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain and United Kingdom and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Seattle, WA:
- View More Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More Principal UX Designer Alexa Engine Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More IT Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More Amazon.com, Inc. Jobs in Seattle, WA
View More Jobs in Washington:
- View More Jobs in Washington
- More Principal UX Designer Alexa Engine Jobs in Washington
- More IT Jobs in Seattle, WA
- More Amazon.com, Inc. Jobs in Washington