Pressure Equipment InspectorTesoro Corporation. - Wilmington, CA
Requisition ID: 62241
Inspects and evaluates refinery pressure equipment to ensure safety, mechanical integrity and reliability. Ensures compliance with pressure equipment laws and regulations and applicable industry codes, standards and recommended practices.
* Performs inspections, non-destructive testing and fitness-for-service evaluations on refinery equipment (such as, but not limited to tanks, heaters, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, piping) to ensure mechanical integrity, safety and reliability. Ensures construction and repairs comply with codes, standards and industry practices. * Analyzes inspection findings. Prepares reports. Generates repair/upgrade/modification recommendations based on inspection findings. Communicates verbally and in writing to operating and maintenance staff in clear, organized and effective manner. * Collaborates with Engineering and Maintenance to establish inspection intervals per applicable industry codes, standards and recommended practices. Prepares inspection plan and intervals using electronic databases. Performs calculations of remaining life and corrosion rates. * Generates turnaround work scope with collaboration with Operations and Maintenance. Coordinates services of contract inspectors. * Assists in performing root cause analysis. Coordinates failure analysis activities and recommendations mitigation methods. Collaborates with Maintenance on development and implementation of risk-based routine and preventive maintenance procedures. * Maintains inspection databases. Ensures documentation is current, accurate, complete and compliant. Maintains organized and current equipment filing systems.
Experience and EDUCATION
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. * Minimum 5 years pressure equipment inspection, refinery operations, maintenance or non-destructive examination (NDE) experience required. Must be able to obtain appropriate American Petroleum Institute inspection certifications and/or National Board Commissioned Inspector (through National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors) within 2 years of hire. *
Knowledgeable with Sections I, VIII and IX of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes and API Inspection Codes 510, 570 required and 653 preferred. *
Proficient working knowledge of risk-based inspection (API Inspection Codes 571, 580 and 571). * Must have physical ability to perform essential job functions of an inspector which includes ability to climb stairs, columns, etc. and enter tight and confined spaces including 18” vessel openings. * Must be able to work extended hours as necessary.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Wilmington || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 90744 ||
8 days 13 hours ago
applyPressure Equipment Inspector Tesoro Corporation. - Wilmington, CA, United States
As one of the largest independent refiners and marketers of petroleum products in the United States, Tesoro plays an integral role in fueling the communities we serve. We are committed to safe, clean, reliable operations, while creating value for everyone invested in our success. Through our advantaged crude supply and integrated network of refineries, transportation and terminal operations, logistics assets and retail stations, we are intentionally positioned to capitalize on today’s opportunities and tomorrow’s possibilities.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Authorized Inspector
Long Beach, CA
- QC Inspector
El Segundo, CA
- NDE Field Coordinator
- Facilities Maintenance Specialist - City of Industry
City Of Industry, CA
View More Jobs in Wilmington, CA:
- View More Jobs in Wilmington, CA
- More Pressure Equipment Inspector Jobs in Wilmington, CA
- More Tesoro Corporation. Jobs in Wilmington, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Pressure Equipment Inspector Jobs in California
- More Tesoro Corporation. Jobs in California