Plant Production ManagerSafeway, Inc. - Riverside, CA
Albertsons Companies LLC is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randall’s, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Riverside Grocery Plant, located in Riverside, CA, has an opening for a Plant Production Manager.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the day to day operation of facility.
- Proven ability to hold all employees accountable.
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of profit, sales, ROI, process improvements.
- Aggressively cultivate and promote a positive and innovative work environment.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to both Company and public customers.
- Continued development of World-class concepts, including Lean Manufacturing, Line Efficiencies, Improved Changeover Processes and Reduction of Waste.
- Set and monitor plant performance targets both short and long term.
- Oversee operations to grow and improve the business.
- Ensure Company policies, procedures and practices are strictly adhered to.
- Take ownership of plant and accept responsibility for all aspects of the operation.
- Hiring and development of plant staff and plant team members.
- 4 year college degree in Food Science, and/or Management (preferred).
- Proven ability to supervise and direct a diverse workforce.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Experience in World Class Manufacturing, process improvements and process mapping and reviews preferred.
- Experience in holding employees accountable for working safely, and providing a safe work environment.
- Proven ability to define performance measures directly related to business and hold people accountable for such.
- Proven ability to do financial analysis and review and analyze existing cost data.
- Thorough understanding of GMPs and OSHA regulations pertaining to product safety and quality strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, results oriented.
- Computer skills, including Excel, MS Word, Power Point, and Adage.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
• Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies LLC. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And, a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies LLC policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
6 days 6 hours ago
applyPlant Production Manager Safeway, Inc. - Riverside, CA, United States
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Riverside, CA:
- View More Jobs in Riverside, CA
- More Plant Production Manager Jobs in Riverside, CA
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Riverside, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Riverside, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Plant Production Manager Jobs in California
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Riverside, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in California