Pharmacy (Pharmacist) ManagerRite Aid Corporation - Carmel, NY
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department within a retail store. Additionally, to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
• Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs
including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department.
• Counsel customers with regard to medications filled at the pharmacy.
• Ensure growth and profitability of Pharmacy Department.
• Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
• Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
• Interact with physicians to gain additional information about customers and prescriptions to be filled.
• Ensure excellent customer service by Pharmacy associates.
• Maintain a clean and efficient Pharmacy department.
• Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR
(Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully) behaviors.
• Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
• Maintain reports for controlled, outdated, and recalled medications; and prescription and customer files.
• Manage pharmacy inventory at acceptable levels to fulfill customer need.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for controlled substance dispensing and record keeping.
• Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited, to cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements
The following qualities are required:
Minimum age of 21 years old meet education and experience requirements.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent basis.
-Ability to work day, evening, and/or night shift.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Excellent communication and customer service skills.
-Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
-Ability to perform different tasks on different days as necessary.
-Ability to respond to interruptions and then return seamlessly to task at hand
-Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a sense of calm.
-Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy, and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA) plus a minimum of one(1) year experience as a licensed Pharmacist; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, the associate should have experience in a retail environment.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to ? Connect with us
for general consideration.
Rite Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rite Aid is committed to bringing in individuals who support our personal approach to serving customers.
16 days 20 hours ago
applyPharmacy (Pharmacist) Manager Rite Aid Corporation - Carmel, NY, United States
At Rite Aid, we have a personal interest in your health and wellness. That’s why we deliver the products and services that you, our valued customer, need to lead a healthier, happier life. Everyone at Rite Aid—from our knowledgeable, caring associates and pharmacists to the members of our board of directors—works together to provide you with a superior pharmacy experience. Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia, we have a strong presence on both the East and West Coasts. Rite Aid is the largest drugstore chain on the East Coast and the third-largest in the United States, employing roughly 89,000 associates. Our company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol RAD.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Pharmacy Technician-in-Training - Part-Time
- Pharmacy Technician-in-Training - Part-Time
- Pharmacy Technician-in-Training Part-Time and Full-Time
- Staff Pharmacist FT
View More Jobs in Carmel, NY:
- View More Jobs in Carmel, NY
- More Pharmacy (Pharmacist) Manager Jobs in Carmel, NY
- More Rite Aid Corporation Jobs in Carmel, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Pharmacy (Pharmacist) Manager Jobs in New York
- More Rite Aid Corporation Jobs in New York