Payroll Director, GlobalThe Scotts Miracle-Gro Company - Columbus, OH
At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family...the worlds largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We are looking for a Global Payroll Leader who will join our Global Compensation & Benefits team.
This position will be based at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/
The Global Payroll Leader, who will report directly to the SVP, Global Compensation & Benefits will be responsible for defining an overall strategy and vision for the global payroll function with a strong bias to leverage technology for efficiency and effectiveness. As part of the day-to-day accountabilities, the role will have responsibility for planning, managing and executing all aspects of the global payroll function, with an eye towards process improvement and quality control.
In this role you will:
- Define the overall strategy and vision for payroll function
- Plan, manage and execute day to day payroll, with direct managerial oversight for payroll function
- Define and implement efficient processes to ensure timely and accurate payroll results
- Provide subject matter expertise to support system integration and configuration requirements
- Manage payroll implementation activities in connection with mergers and acquisitions
- Maintain appropriate system and process controls to protect the integrity of payroll and people related data
- Ensures payroll processes are administered in compliance with company policies as well as applicable federal and state regulations or legislation, including applicable wage and hour regulations
- Provides subject matter expertise, counsel and support with respect to payroll related matters
- Ensures compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
- Provides support for ad hoc assignments and reports as needed
The perfect person will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field
- 8-10 years of payroll experience with demonstrated increased responsibility
- Experience operating with an outsource model for a mid to large size company
- Strong technical knowledge with hands-on experience managing payroll systems development and configuration
- Knowledge of federal & state regulations pertaining to payroll requirements
- Experience with Canadian and other multinational payroll practices
- Self-starter/high initiative to proactively identify opportunities and take the initiative to find solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work effectively as a member of cross functional Human Resources teams
- Must be very detail oriented and possess excellent data assessment and analytical skills
- Deep working knowledge of Human Resources systems and related reporting
- Multitasking: able to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and manage priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Experience with ADP, SAP and Workday desired
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel proficiency required, PowerPoint a plus
- Strong process orientation and project management skill set
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 2,400 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy.
- Various associate engagement activities throughout the year including intramural sports leagues.
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Scotts Miracle-Gro by accessing our Talent Network: SMG Talent Network
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the worlds largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, TomCat, Ortho, RoundUp, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
13 days 2 hours ago
applyPayroll Director, Global The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company - Columbus, OH, United States
ScottsMiracle-Gro is passionate about helping people of all ages express themselves on their own piece of the Earth. The company’s industry-leading lawn, garden and outdoor living products and services all work to make a beautiful world. Through strong retailer relationships and our drive to improve consumer experience, we have been instrumental in growing the $8 billion global consumer lawn and garden market and enhancing our leadership position.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- VP & Controller
- Sr. Analyst Cash Management
- Wealth Management - Trusts & Estates - Closely Held Asse...
- VP, Business/Merger Integration
View More Jobs in Columbus, OH:
- View More Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More Payroll Director Global Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More Accounting Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More HR Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Jobs in Columbus, OH
View More Jobs in Ohio:
- View More Jobs in Ohio
- More Payroll Director Global Jobs in Ohio
- More Accounting Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More HR Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Jobs in Ohio