Patent AttorneyiRobot Corporation - Bedford, MA
Are you excited about the prospect of working for an employer that is extremely passionate about IP & and have the opportunity to manage a large patent portfolio? Are you someone who is a self-starter who is motivated by owning your accomplishments? If YES then iRobot has a growth opportunity for you within our legal organization.
This Legal Counsel position provides a unique opportunity to join a small legal team at a high growth consumer product company. As part of a 4 person IP team within an 8 person legal group, you will be integrated into a variety of tasks and expand your skills. Responsibilities will include driving the growth of the iRobot patent portfolio in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions. The iRobot portfolio currently includes over 1000 issued patents worldwide and is growing every day! You will also be a key interface with engineers in the identification, collection, and review of ideas for patentability and will assist in IP diligence and freedom to operate studies.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties
- Strategic management of worldwide patent portfolio based on business needs and aligned with current enforcement activities
- Work closely with engineering and business clients to identify and harvest invention disclosures and draft patent applications
- Manage outside counsel in the preparation of high-quality patent applications
- Manage outside counsel in strategic prosecution of patent claims crafted on specific product features
- Independent management of prosecution docket and Foundation IP including management of patent annuities worldwide
- Analyze products through reverse engineering efforts to investigate instances of possible patent infringement and prepare infringement analysis of products. Identify and prepare business cases for possible enforcement actions against infringers.
- Carry out IP diligence and freedom to operate studies.
- Work closely with our patent paralegal in patent docketing and other tasks related to managing deadlines.
- Depending on interest and need, assist with litigation, enforcement, licensing or post-grant proceedings at the USPTO (inter partes review, ex parte reexamination)
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or comparable degree
- A JD from an accredited Law School At least three years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department prosecuting patents and performing freedom to operate or invalidity analyses
- Strong knowledge of U.S. and foreign patent law
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects at once and ability to be flexible and self-directed in a fast-paced environment
Culture/Traits of the Legal Team: Mission Driven Builders, Self Starters, Ownership, Driven, Passionate, Entertaining, Excited & United.
12 days 7 hours ago
applyPatent Attorney iRobot Corporation - Bedford,MA,United States
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 20 million robots and globally employ more than 600 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT. iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. We also have offices in California, Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram. iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Patent Attorney
- Ip Assistant
- Patent Agent with 1+ year of electrical engineering experien...
- General Counsel
- Corporate Counsel, Patent (Cambridge, MA) Job
View More Jobs in Bedford, MA:
- View More Jobs in Bedford, MA
- More Patent Attorney Jobs in Bedford, MA
- More Legal Jobs in Bedford, MA
- More iRobot Corporation Jobs in Bedford, MA
View More Jobs in Massachusetts:
- View More Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Patent Attorney Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Legal Jobs in Bedford, MA
- More iRobot Corporation Jobs in Massachusetts