Packaging EngineerEnergizer Holdings, Inc - Asheboro, NC
in Apply with LinkedIn
Requisition # NAM00562
Country United States
State/Province North Carolina
Position Type Exempt
This is Energizer
Energizer Holdings is leading the charge to connect our brands, our people and the products we offer to the world more than anyone else. Together, were creating a game plan for the future - one that defines where and how well play, and what it takes to win.
Our 4,500 colleagues hail from all backgrounds, nationalities and walks of life, but our shared values and passion for winning make us one team. Whatever your specialty, youll find that excelling at Energizer Holdings provides opportunities to grow in ways you never expected.
Energizer is seeking to hire a Packaging Engineer for our Asheboro, NC location. In this position under the direction of the Packaging Manager, you will work with minimal supervision to develop packaging for various products (battery and auto care) included in assigned projects. You will also serve as a packaging developer in support of innovation, cost savings and business continuity projects. In this position you will serve as a contributing member of cross functional business teams, with a primary focus in supporting requests through Energizers Packaging Design Center. You will support concept, development and manufacturability of product packaging for the Americas operations as well as contract packaging operations. You will also be responsible for monitoring progress against timelines and due dates as well as provide guidance and coaching to those assigned on a project basis.
- Manage assigned Package Development projects, working with Brand and project teams, to meet category objectives and project ship dates.
- Hold discussions during packaging team meetings; communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management.
- Provide packaging options. Develop, engineer and test packaging components and modify as necessary to meet: customer requirements, functional parameters, cost targets, manufacturing and shipping requirements.
- Provide technical input to package design process and assure package designed for manufacturing acceptability.
- Execute new package designs and perform package component testing and qualification, working with suppliers, from engineering prints to making models/prototypes, through to unit and production tooling.
- Colleague will have a significant amount of interaction with global affiliates and sourced product suppliers.
- Support design and rapid prototyping efforts for Global TPMs (Third Party Manufacturers).
- Work effectively with Package Development (Specialist and Technicians) and Operations to assure creation of timely functional specifications.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively to manage projects with Marketing, Procurement, Logistics, Operations and Suppliers.
- Keep abreast of developments across appropriate packaging and manufacturing technologies.
- Must be able to effectively organize and manage workflow of multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a general understanding of project management to realize the order, importance, and impact of appropriate project activities and maintain Packaging commitments to project scheduling.
- Must be able to communicate issues effectively to technical and non-technical personnel. (Marketing, Finance, Logistics, and Operations).
- Project Management Skills
o Must have ability to prioritize and organize workload on multiple projects of medium complexity.
o Must have ability to develop and implement schedules and ensure the engineering procedures are followed.
o Must have the ability to manage assigned projects, monitoring the status of all elements affecting the outcome of the project, ensuring project deliverables are met.
o Must have the ability to mentor Specialists and Technicians.
o Must have the ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information via verbal presentation and in writing with management, team members and support personnel.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Packaging, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience participating in and leading teams of various cross functional backgrounds.
- Minimum of 5 years of package development experience required, ideally with consumer products companies.
- Knowledge of packaging components and properties such as; films (thermoforming), paperboard (cards, folding cartons), corrugated materials.
- Experience dealing with packaging material suppliers and TPMs (Third Party Manufacturers).
- General knowledge of job related software applications (SAP, MS Office, Share Point, TOPS).
- Experience with performing standard test methods, such as ASTM protocols.
- Experience using 3D Printers, Sample Cutting Tables & High Resolution Printers to aid in prototype creation.
- 2-D and 3-D drafting experience (AutoCAD and Solidworks).
- Design Software (ArtiosCAD).
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Graphic design experience (Adobe products)
- Experience in working with teams members of multiple nationalities where English is a second language.
Working Relationships & Environment
- Position will report through the Technical Support / Americas Package Development group.
- Regular duties and project work will include interaction with various functional departments (Such as Procurement, Logistics, Marketing, and Global Packaging Development teams), and material suppliers.
- Must be capable of quickly establishing relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be a highly credible individual.
- Must exhibit a true sense of urgency in responding to customers.
- Collaboration with counterparts (Packaging Engineers, Specialist and Technicians) is critical.
- Assists in the development and training of Packaging Specialists and Technicians.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and follow up skills.
- Ability to think and act independently and make sound decisions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Some domestic and minimal international travel may be required as needed.
- Work schedule may require flexibility in support of 24/7 plant operations.
- Work schedule may require some random alteration due to project requirements with overseas team member time zones.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 35 lbs.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical and retirement savings coverage, paid holidays. Energizer is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
18 days 17 hours ago
applyPackaging Engineer Energizer Holdings, Inc - Asheboro, NC, United States
Energizer Holdings, Inc. (ENR) is a consumer goods company operating globally in the broad categories of household and personal care products. We currently offer solutions in portable power, lighting, wet shave and personal grooming, skin care, feminine care and infant care. We love our Energizer Bunny® and Mr. Energizer®. Who doesn’t? Their endless energy is adored by millions and they couldn’t be better representatives of our Energizer® brand. But Energizer Holdings is much more than batteries. In fact, we’re made up of 30 established consumer brands the world over, from Schick® and Wilkinson Sword® shaving systems to Banana Boat® sunscreens. So while you likely knew us first for batteries, we invite you to be like the Energizer Bunny® -- Keep Going® – and see how much larger Energizer Holdings really is.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Systems Engineer V
High Point, NC
- System Test Engineer IV
High Point, NC
- Plant Superintendent
- Plant Superintendent
- Production Manager
View More Jobs in Asheboro, NC:
- View More Jobs in Asheboro, NC
- More Packaging Engineer Jobs in Asheboro, NC
- More Engineering Jobs in Asheboro, NC
- More Energizer Holdings, Inc Jobs in Asheboro, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Packaging Engineer Jobs in North Carolina
- More Engineering Jobs in Asheboro, NC
- More Energizer Holdings, Inc Jobs in North Carolina