PLANT SUPERINTENDENTGranite Construction Incorporated - Esparto, CA
PLANT SUPERINTENDENT','170001FU','!*!Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day plant operations associated with mining, processing, stockpiling, loading and distribution of aggregates or related construction materials to ensure workforce efficiency.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Plan, direct and supervise workers associated with mining, processing, stockpiling, loading and distribution of aggregate or related construction materials to ensure proper manpower and inventory levels are maintained.
2. Direct assigned work in accordance with area operation to ensure profitability, safe work practices, and environmental/legal compliance.
3. Apply knowledge of production methods, processes, and equipment to ensure operating effectiveness and improve efficiencies.
4. Manage and Schedule the maintenance of all plant equipment for assigned facility to ensure all plant equipment is up and running in a timely manner and no work is delayed; maintain equipment files as necessary including inventory, repair, maintenance, oil sampling, and servicing to ensure preservation of company investments.
5. Compare costs and best value of plant equipment repair including contracting outside vendors, using in-house labor or equipment replacements to ensure the most cost effective choices are made.
6. Assist in the preparation of operating budget and forecasting data to meet established goals.
7. Inspect work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used meet branch standards.
8. Provide workers with tools, materials and equipment to ensure projects are completed on time and under budget.
9. Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
10. Perform weekly tailgate safety meetings and daily “take 5’s” to ensure corporate safety standards are maintained.
-High School Diploma
-Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
-Minimum 6 years experience in plants supervision.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
General knowledge of the materials business.
Knowledge and experience with Hot Mix Asphalt and Aggregate Plants.
Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Knowledge of plant operations, including scheduling, production, and maintenance.
Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information.
Possess practical knowledge of the function, operation, and maintenance of material processing equipment.
Ability to recognize hazards or unsafe work practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
Valid driver’s license.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries (Granite) will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.','Const. Materials Group Field','US-CA-Esparto','','Full-time','PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
16 days 4 hours ago
applyPLANT SUPERINTENDENT Granite Construction Incorporated - Esparto, CA, United States
Project diversity is a fundamental element of our business model. From transportation, airports and rapid transit systems to industrial, oil & gas, and mining infrastructure - we’ve been in the business of building since 1922. Our experience, capabilities, and resources enable us to build projects of all sizes and scope.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Plant Superintendent
View More Jobs in Esparto, CA:
- View More Jobs in Esparto, CA
- More PLANT SUPERINTENDENT Jobs in Esparto, CA
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Esparto, CA
- More Construction Jobs in Esparto, CA
- More Granite Construction Incorporated Jobs in Esparto, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More PLANT SUPERINTENDENT Jobs in California
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Esparto, CA
- More Construction Jobs in Esparto, CA
- More Granite Construction Incorporated Jobs in California