OperatorMasTec, Inc. - Tallahassee, FL
['Operator','18056','MasTec Utility Services','Regular','Full-time','FL-Tallahassee','','!*!MasTec – Utility Services Group’s activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless. In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec is currently seeking a COM Operator to join our dynamic Team. This position operates specialized light construction equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safely and skillfully operate and maintain construction equipment and assigned vehicles (cable plows, backhoe, mini excavator, skid steers and other utility construction equipment needed).
• Maintain equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventative maintenance and repair tasks.
• Work with maintenance crew or assist as laborer when not operating equipment.
• Train others on proper operation of equipment.
• Visually assess digging areas to ensure that areas have been staked/located prior to digging.
• Stake/locate work areas prior to digging. Make an effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service with quality and timeliness.
• Perform daily equipment inspections and operator preventive maintenance checks. Report any malfunctions of equipment or problems to immediate supervisor.
• Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec or the customer, whichever standard is higher.
• Directly responsible for all personal actions and any vehicles or equipment in their care, custody or control
• Report all personal & vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperate and assist in the investigations.','!*!Basic Qualifications - Education and/or Experience:
• High school graduate or GED certificate preferred.
• 2 years of experience as an Excavator working on Construction or Utility projects.
• General knowledge of construction practices
• Must have knowledge of the following: traffic laws, ordinances, rules involved in equipment operation, hazards and applicable safety rules and precautions for heavy equipment operation.
• Must be competent in the laws, regulations, and identification of underground utility locations.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must obtain a CDL class A driver’s license within 30 days of employment.
• Pre-employment drug screen test is mandatory.
• OSHA 10 hour course is required.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
6 days 5 hours ago
applyOperator MasTec, Inc. - Tallahassee, FL, United States
Over the course of the last 80 years, MasTec companies have been involved in some of the largest and most complex infrastructure construction projects across the country. Our experience has given us a deep and comprehensive understanding of the markets we serve, as well as the ability to effectively manage people, projects and equipment. It allows us to proactively identify challenges, avoid pitfalls, and overcome obstacles, and to accurately set and meet expectations for schedule and budget.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Assistant Superintendent
View More Jobs in Tallahassee, FL:
- View More Jobs in Tallahassee, FL
- More Operator Jobs in Tallahassee, FL
- More Construction Jobs in Tallahassee, FL
- More MasTec, Inc. Jobs in Tallahassee, FL
View More Jobs in Florida:
- View More Jobs in Florida
- More Operator Jobs in Florida
- More Construction Jobs in Tallahassee, FL
- More MasTec, Inc. Jobs in Florida