Operations SupervisorKinder Morgan - Three Rivers, TX
The Operations Supervisor has overall responsibility for the daily operation of the Facility and associated Pipelines and Pump Stations in the respective geographic area. Oversight responsibilities include; pipeline operations, performance management of staff, safety, quality control, budgeting, and compliance and regulatory matters as well cooperation with Natural Gas Business Unit for oversight for the ROW in that area. The Operations Supervisor directly supervises a staff consisting of Lead Operators, Operators, Operations Specialists, Technicians, and Field Planners/Schedulers and coordinates shared service for Damage Prevention and Corrosion Services with the Natural Gas Business Unit operating in the area. Not all positions are applicable at each location. The total number of employees managed can vary, generally averaging about 10-12.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responds to emergencies 24/7 and other upsets and may be required to work nights and/or weekends.
• Responsible for maintaining company assets in good working order in order to maximize up-time.
• Performs as a liaison between terminal & pipeline activities and customers in order to maintain efficient delivery and resolve any difficulties relating to scheduling, overages, shortages, and quality control issues.
• Supervises functions related to outside contractors operating on company property or in company areas in order to protect company interests.
• Plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments, reviews progress, directs changes in priorities and schedules as needed to assure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner. Participates in the selection/promotion of staff, salary change considerations, and disciplinary matters. Conducts performance evaluations and resolves issues.
• Develops short and long-range plans, goals and objectives for terminal operations in the geographic area.
• Assists in planning and execution of capital projects in the geographic area of responsibility.
• Assists in Coordination with services with other departments, governmental agencies, and customers.
• Assists in reviewing contracts pertaining to work around Company assets to ensure Company property is protected. (May include screening and reviewing leases with Port authorities and subleases to customer(s)).
• Coordinates company response relating to actions of outside contractors which includes site inspection, preparation of as-built drawings, and confirmation of scope of work to be completed.
• Inspects terminal and pipeline facilities for compliance with maintenance, housekeeping, environmental and safety requirements.
• Coordinates all requirements affecting commercial products at applicable assignment location, including quality control issues, additives, notification procedures, sampling, meter calibration, coordination of witnesses where required, overages, shortages, and service interruptions.
• Prioritize terminal breakdowns and oversee general maintenance and record keeping.
• Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the general public.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• College course work in technical or business field will be helpful in this position.
•Experience / Specific Knowledge:
• A minimum of 10 years, well-rounded experience in terminal and pipeline operations is highly desirable and should include specific working experience with products movement, mechanical maintenance, personnel management, legal, safety and environmental requirements affecting terminal and pipeline activities. Effective use of time management is of key importance in order to properly identify priorities and to ensure that all job requirements are satisfied.
• Management and supervisory principles and practices.
• Refined petroleum pipeline facilities - operation, equipment requirements and products movement.
• General engineering practices, including drafting, piping, valves, hydraulics, etc.
• Practices, principles, procedures, regulations, and techniques as they relate to all functional areas.
•Certification, licenses, registrations:
• A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver's license are required.
• If the employee is subject to license or certification requirements or training as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies or the Company, now or in the future, compliance is required under this job description.
•Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• A sound background in mathematics is important, as is the ability to read mechanical/electrical/civil drawings.
• Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
• Ability to supervise a diverse workforce.
• Must be accountable and take direction from Management, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
• Must be able to plan and organize often conflicting tasks to accomplish company goals.
• Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
• Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
• Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
• Demonstrate leadership by utilizing appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals/department (subordinates, peers, superiors) or groups toward task accomplishment.
• Must be able to pass a company background check and drug test after an offer of employment has been made.
• Employee must be physically capable of completing and satisfying all training requirements as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies and/or Company Policy.
• Exposure to smells and fumes associated with refined petroleum products.
• Work is performed outside in varying and sometimes extreme weather situations.
• Field activities may include walking to and amidst work and/or construction sites, climbing in and out of trenches, working around heavy equipment and working in confined spaces.
• Occasional periods of bending, squatting, lifting, or climbing are required and would more often be associated with activities taking place outside the office. Extended driving and/or walking could also occur, especially to remote locations and/or booster stations.
• Must carry a cell phone and be able and willing to respond at any hour of the day or night to emergency situations and participate as required with emergency response (integrated contingency plan) activities. This includes being in possession of required equipment and tools, designated forms, policies, regulations, and manuals.
• Position subject to 24-hour call-out, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• The majority of the typical work day is spent in an office environment, though this may change, depending upon the location assignment. For work performed out of doors, weather conditions vary and can be extreme, depending upon location assignment and may include severe seasonal changes which are primarily influenced by geographic location.
• Climatic conditions are determined by location assignment and may include severe seasonal changes including both winter conditions with frequent snow or extreme summer heat and sun, depending upon geographic location.
• Position requires exposure to some refined oil products that contain chemicals which may be related to certain types of illnesses or reproductive toxicity. Some emit vapors under certain conditions, are flammable and may be explosive under certain circumstances.
• Travel may be required including overnight stays.
• Position may require prolonged periods of sitting in order to accomplish administrative duties (reading/reviewing documents, writing, typing and/or operating a computer, using the telephones, etc.)
• Planning and Organizing: Establish a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; plan and prioritize proper assignments of personnel and/or appropriate allocation of resources.
• Leadership: Utilize appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals/department (subordinates, peers, superiors) or groups toward task accomplishment. Consistently adhere to Kinder Morgan’s policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people.
• Analysis: Identify problems and/or cause-effect relationships; identify key issues; secure relevant information from all appropriate sources; identify possible root causes of problems and develop and implement corrective actions for resolution of problems.
• Sound Judgment: Make decisions and/or take action based on logical assumptions derived from factual information gathered; seek out information from established policies and procedures and/or knowledge experts; seek input from others.
• Effective and Professional Communication: Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, employees, customers, vendors, and outside regulatory agencies at the local, state and federal level; clearly and effectively communicate both orally and in writing, using good grammatical form, on general issues, as well as on technical issues pertaining to area of responsibility.
• Computer Applications: Operate a computer at a functional level as it relates to software programs utilized.
• Mathematics: Apply good math skills for calculating and conversion work.
• Maximizes Performance: A key requirement for the position is to establish performance goals for staff. Coaching, training and evaluating the staff’s performance are essential. Qualified candidate must also be prepared to implement disciplinary action when necessary.
• Integrity: Maintaining and promoting social, ethical and organizational values when conducting internal and external activities.
• Initiative: Actively attempts to influence events to achieve goals; does not wait to be told, but is a self-starter who takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required. Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients and vendors.
• Teamwork/Cooperation: Works effectively with team/work group, as well as with other departments and/or outside contractors/agencies to accomplish organizational goals; takes action that respect the needs and contributions of others; takes responsibility for actively participating and contributing to team efforts; supports a team consensus or decision; acts as team facilitator when appropriate.
• The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
applyOperations Supervisor Kinder Morgan - Three Rivers, TX, United States
Kinder Morgan is the largest midstream and the fourth largest energy company (based on combined enterprise value) in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our publicly traded companies include Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Kinder Morgan Management, LLC (NYSE: KMR) and El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE: EPB).
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Safety Engineer (1800103)
Three Rivers, TX
- Operations Supervisor - Military veterans preferred
Three Rivers, TX
View More Jobs in Three Rivers, TX:
- View More Jobs in Three Rivers, TX
- More Operations Supervisor Jobs in Three Rivers, TX
- More Oil Gas Jobs in Three Rivers, TX
- More Kinder Morgan Jobs in Three Rivers, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Operations Supervisor Jobs in Texas
- More Oil Gas Jobs in Three Rivers, TX
- More Kinder Morgan Jobs in Texas