Operations ManagerThe Toro Company - Shakopee, MN
Reporting to the Director of Operations, assures that the manufacturing area produces the highest quality component parts on a timely basis at a competitive cost, while maintaining superior employee/customer relations and optimizing inventory turns for the Toro machining Center of Excellence (COE) in Shakopee, MN. Develops long and short range plans to assure the manufacturing areas are aligned with Division/Corporate core value strategies using lean principles as the basis for deployment of process. Assures that manufacturing resources are properly managed to meet customer needs in a cost effective manner. Assures that all government and corporate regulations are followed and complied with. Keeps current of latest business and industry developments. Remains flexible and progressive in leading/managing the manufacturing process.
LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures component parts are manufactured and available per the Master Schedule, conforms to specification and are produced in a cost effective manner.
- Responsible for creating an environment which values employees, serves our customers and provides a fair return to owner.
- Assures excellent housekeeping, productivity and work habits are maintained.
- Responsible for timely production of service parts to assure a superior level of customer service.
- Responsible for all operator preventive maintenance needs of the facility.
- Closely teams and communicates with other areas of the plant, divisions, and company to assure Shakopee and Toro are optimizing resources to achieve overall goals.
- Assures the efficient handling and control of W.I.P. inventory.
- Assures capital equipment is fully utilized and proper operator P.M. schedules are developed and maintained.
- Articulates company, divisional, and facility objectives and performance through effective communication that may include regular staff and plant group meetings.
- Recommends and implements changes to stay competitive in all areas of quality, cost, product availability, inventory control, customer service and employee relations.
- Communicates effectively at all levels in the organization to keep manufacturing on track with corporate/division objectives.
- Leads manufacturing in applying the principles of Lean Manufacturing in the work place.
- Administers the labor agreement in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
BUSINESS PLANS AND STRATEGIES
- Utilizing Lean principles, methodologies and techniques, this role is responsible for the implementation, execution and overall operation of the manufacturing process.
- Execution of production plans to meet the required schedule at a satisfactory cost level (includes cost center, budget, manpower plans, systems developments, and asset management).
- Provide development and guidance to the hourly and salaried workforce through proper coaching, partnering and relationship building.
- Provide ongoing analysis of manufacturing area operating results and corrective action to meet or exceed planned performance levels of quality, expense, efficiency and inventory control.
- Responsible for appropriate manpower planning during peak and non-peak operations, utilizing contract language and processes to balance customer need and cost goals.
- Support the development and implementation of the capital plan to provide adequate capacity, aggressive quality improvement, and strong cost and asset control.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of plant production systems, policies and procedures, and methods as required to meet short/long term objectives.
- Responsible for the development of improved methods, layouts, equipment, techniques and processes to maintain and improve the competitive nature of the manufacturing area.
- Monitor safety, energy, hygiene, fire protection, environmental and security programs and assure production area in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Assures the E.E.O. and A.A.P. programs are compiled within area of responsibility.
- Responsible to implement, audit and administer ISO policies and processes in manufacturing.
- Assure up-to-date job descriptions and trial periods are available for all jobs in the production area.
- Perform timely and relevant performance evaluations.
- Provide for the development and training of employees in production areas.
- Assure the production area is staffed with capable well trained employees.
- Directly supervise 3-5 exempt supervisors.
- Indirectly supervise up to 150 production employees.
- Responsible for providing parts to final assembly facilities.
- Some travel required (
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
24 days 13 hours ago
applyOperations Manager The Toro Company - Shakopee, MN, United States
As a leading worldwide provider of innovative turf, landscape, rental and construction equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions, Toro helps customers care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties, and agricultural fields. We value the trust customers place in our people and our products, and are proud to partner with many sites and events around the world. This includes St Andrews Links in Scotland, the Wimbledon Championships, the Super Bowl Stadium, Rose Bowl, Walt Disney World Resort - along with many other professional and collegiate venues.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Operations Manager
- Regional Operations Manager
Apple Valley, MN
- Inventory Manager
Saint Paul, MN
- Director, Warehouse Operations -
- Telecommute Clinical Operations Manager
View More Jobs in Shakopee, MN:
- View More Jobs in Shakopee, MN
- More Operations Manager Jobs in Shakopee, MN
- More The Toro Company Jobs in Shakopee, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Operations Manager Jobs in Minnesota
- More The Toro Company Jobs in Minnesota