Operations Manager IIGulfstream Aerospace Corporation - Savannah, GA
[[extTitle]] in [[location]]
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in a related curriculum (Engineering, Management, Aviation Maintenance, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Two (2) years supervisory experience in a technically related role (i.e. aviation maintenance, general manufacturing).
Under moderate supervision, plans, schedules and supervises the day-to-day operations of one or more departments to meet production requirements in an aircraft manufacturing operation. Meets requirements related to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), quality, productivity, budgets, 5S and housekeeping. Prepares employees and work groups to meet future requirements through training and employee development activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assigns production responsibilities, work plans and schedule requirements to department leads and coordinators to ensure that all jobs are completed in a matter that satisfies FAA regulations.
2. Coordinates with engineering, finance, materials, quality and other departments to ensure that schedules and budgets are met and problems are resolved.
3. Assists in troubleshooting to solve production process problems with processes and equipment already in operation while minimizing costs and preventing delivery delays.
4. Enforces quality standards; monitors and provides corrective action for workmanship issues.
5. Conducts periodic audits to ensure compliance with appropriate Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP); Identifies necessary changes in the QAP and coordinates with the Quality Assurance team to develop and implement revised or new procedures.
6. Executes manufacturing strategy for the department(s) encompassing Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement philosophies and concepts. Leads the implementation of Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
7. Promotes, encourages and leads assigned employees and MBU(s) towards continuous process and performance improvement.
8. Ensures that the department(s) has adequate resources to perform assigned tasks. Implements company policies and procedures.
9. Develops and maintains a safe work environment; ensures that stringent housekeeping, 5S standards and safety procedures and practices are followed; ensures that tools/equipment meet safety requirements; leads trend and root cause analysis and accident investigations.
10. Provides input for the development of the business units strategic plans to ensure that budget, product cost, productivity, inventory levels, delivery performance and quality objectives/expectations and operational goals are met throughout the department(s).
1. Develops subordinate personnel to have the technical skills, training and certifications necessary to perform their job.
2. Encourages innovation and maintains awareness of best practices across the company and manufacturing industry.
Ensures departmental emergency action plans support the business units Business Continuity Plan and can be executed in a timely and effective manner.
In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Proven leadership ability and effectiveness in an entry-level supervisory role.
2. Must have demonstrated the ability to work as a team player and the ability to deliver results.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing.
4. Proficient in using computerized database management (Excel) and presentation systems (PowerPoint).
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]]
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Percentage of Travel: [[custravRequired]]
Employment Type: [[filter2]]
Posting End Date: [[custextPostEndDate]]
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2014 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
7 days 14 hours ago
applyOperations Manager II Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation - Savannah, GA, United States
Roy Grumman, co-founder of Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation, proposed the development of a purpose-built business aircraft at World War II’s end. He envisioned leveraging the company’s expertise from building robust Grumman warplanes to create scaled-down airliners that could facilitate the post-war economic boom. Thirteen years later, Grumman introduced the Gulfstream I, an aircraft that revolutionized general aviation and positioned the company as an industry high-flyer charting a course for all others to follow.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Provider Network Mgr I/II/Sr - Nashville, TN (Office-based) ...
- Shred Route Driver NON CDL - Savannah, GA
- TC Solution Analyst II
- Business Analyst II or III Job Family PS6429
- Field Service Engineer II- Georgia
View More Jobs in Savannah, GA:
- View More Jobs in Savannah, GA
- More Operations Manager II Jobs in Savannah, GA
- More Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Jobs in Savannah, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Operations Manager II Jobs in Georgia
- More Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Jobs in Georgia