Operational Risk Data Analyst - BaltimoreMorgan Stanley - Baltimore, MD
Operational Risk Data Analyst - Baltimore
Morgan Stanley is seeking a data analyst with a strong interest in finance for its Operational Risk Department. The role will support coverage of Wealth Management within the Strategic Business Analytics team and will help develop our operational risk assessment process and analytical capabilities. The role will based in Baltimore, Maryland.
Operational Risk refers to the risk of financial or other loss, or potential damage to a firm's reputation, resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events (e.g., fraud, legal and compliance risks or damage to physical assets). The Firm may incur operational risk across the full scope of its business activities, including revenue-generating activities (e.g., sales and trading) and control groups (e.g., information technology and trade processing). This position directly supports a senior-level team in operational risk by providing analytical, decision-making, and presentation support.
The ORD Strategic Business Analytics team provides primary global support to operational risk locations in New York, Shanghai and Baltimore. Team members have primary responsibility for a specific coverage area and also work in close collaboration with other members of operational risk and business teams. As such there is flexibility in how responsibilities and tasks are managed across the team, both locally and globally.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Support the Wealth Management Coverage team with a focus on analyzing large data sets of structured and unstructured data using machine learning, text analytics, and other statistical techniques
• Work collaboratively with the Wealth Management Coverage team in New York, data science colleagues in Shanghai and in the business, and business partners in New York, Maryland and Utah to scope projects, define analytical approaches, establish time frames, conduct analyses and summarize conclusions in concise presentations
• Participate in scenario analysis preparation supporting analytical approaches to estimate stress losses across a range of operational risks and a variety of business, operational and financial market conditions
• Contribute to development of presentations for executive management and senior risk managers and provide back-up support to the team members as required
• Perform other ad hoc projects, analyses and presentation support for the Wealth Management Coverage team
• Bachelor's degree and/or advanced degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science with coursework or other training in finance, economics or business
• Experience with programming languages and data analysis tools such as Python and R.
• Work experience as an intern/summer analyst or after graduation in a large organization preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to present ideas with impact; ability to communicate complex analytical techniques and results clearly and concisely.
• Ability to deliver results under pressure with competing demands and challenging deadlines
• Ability to travel
Americas, United States
10 days 9 hours ago
applyOperational Risk Data Analyst - Baltimore Morgan Stanley - Baltimore, MD, United States
Morgan Stanley, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals worldwide. The companys Institutional Securities segment offers financial advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, recapitalizations, spin-offs, exchange offers, leveraged buyouts, takeover defenses, and shareholder relations, as well as provides capital raising and corporate lending services. This segment is also engaged in sales, trading, financing, and market-making activities, including institutional equity, fixed income and commodities, research, and investment activities, as well as offers financing services, such as prime brokerage, consolidated clearance, settlement, custody, financing, and portfolio reporting services. Its Wealth Management segment provides brokerage and investment advisory services covering various types of investments comprising equities, options, futures, foreign currencies, precious metals, fixed income securities, mutual funds, structured products, alternative investments, unit investment trusts, managed futures, separately managed accounts, and mutual fund asset allocation programs. This segment also offers education savings programs, financial and wealth planning services, annuity and other insurance products, cash management services, trust and fiduciary services, retirement solutions, and credit and other lending products, as well as fixed income principal trading services. The companys Investment Management segment provides alternative investment products, such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate funds, and portable alpha strategies to institutional and intermediary channels, and high net worth clients, as well as is involved in real estate investing and merchant banking businesses. Morgan Stanley was founded in 1935 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Analyst - Endpoint Monitoring, Cyber Risk & Information ...
- Data Analyst - III
- Configuration Management Analyst SME
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
View More Jobs in Baltimore, MD:
- View More Jobs in Baltimore, MD
- More Operational Risk Data Analyst Baltimore Jobs in Baltimore, MD
- More IT Jobs in Baltimore, MD
- More Morgan Stanley Jobs in Baltimore, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Operational Risk Data Analyst Baltimore Jobs in Maryland
- More IT Jobs in Baltimore, MD
- More Morgan Stanley Jobs in Maryland