OSES - Lead WelderOil States Industries, Inc - Oklahoma City, OK
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs all types of complex welding to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of advanced to complex instructions. Requires little to no supervision and can work on own with only verbal instructions; supervises other employees in the absence of the supervisor. Train all new employees on proper welding processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Abide by all Oil States Energy Services LLC Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures.
• Operate various manual or semi-automatic welding equipment by employing applicable advanced weld process to perform complex welding techniques to fuse metal components together to fabricate new parts or repair existing products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders.
• Degrease materials to be welded and make appropriate measurements to ensure materials fit the specifications.
• Determine the correct filter rods and torch tips for the job as necessary.
• Determine the necessary configurations and positions of welding to complete work order such as clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt.
• Tag or mark finished work and moving to the next appropriate step in manufacturing process.
• Clean finished pieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust and grease, using wire brush, portable grinder, hand scraper, or chemical solutions.
• Examine completed welds to ensure they meet standards or specifications.
• May solder and grind materials as necessary using various equipment.
• Assist supervisor with overseeing subordinate welders as required to ensure timely completion of orders; review the daily schedule to ensure that the shop is working on the correct projects for the day.
• Train new employees on proper welding processes and various other processes including ordering materials utilizing proper company procedures, the proper use of the oven, and preventative maintenance on machinery.
• Communicate between shops to help ensure that the proper flow of parts is both shipping as well as receiving.
• Perform minor maintenance on various welding equipment as required.
• Clean and maintain equipment according to the manufacturer requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings.
• Must have the ability to work on your own with little verbal instruction.
• Demonstrate proficient ability to use the oven.
• Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys and aluminum.
• Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set-up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
• Advanced knowledge of assigned welding techniques.
• Solid knowledge of welding equipment, including an advanced knowledge of machines and tools, and their preventative maintenance.
• Knowledge of the welding procedure specifications (WPS)
• Proficient on running the oven.
• Must be able to weld multiple processes carbon, stainless and galvanized, MIG, TIG and Stick
• Ability to answer all employee questions or direct them to the proper department if necessary.
• Solid working knowledge E2 software.
• Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and communication skills, and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a professional manner as a member of a team to give inputs on activities that helps complete project assignments in a timely and efficient manner while upholding the quality and safety standards.
• Must successfully pass pre- and post- employment drug and alcohol test per company policy.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Four (4) year’s welding experience or proven history of clean welds to code on complex structures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
19 days 12 hours ago
applyOSES - Lead Welder Oil States Industries, Inc - Oklahoma City, OK, United States
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc. and is located in multiple countries around the world. Oil States Industries operates in four market segments: Offshore Oil and Gas, Land Oil and Gas, Defense and General Industry. These four markets are serviced by Oil States' three divisions: the Offshore Construction Group, the Elastomer Group and the Marine Pipelines Group. Oil States is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, USA, with locations in 11 countries and more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines and pride ourselves in our innovative solutions for industry demands.
View More Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK:
- View More Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
- More OSES Lead Welder Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
- More Oil Gas Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
- More Oil States Industries, Inc Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
View More Jobs in Oklahoma:
- View More Jobs in Oklahoma
- More OSES Lead Welder Jobs in Oklahoma
- More Oil Gas Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
- More Oil States Industries, Inc Jobs in Oklahoma