OBD Regulatory Engineer JobPACCAR, Inc. - Vernon, MI
PACCAR seeks an engineer to help meet the upcoming OBD challenges in 2021, 2024 and beyond. This person will help define and create PACCARs OBD compliance policies and strategy. This person explores future technology from an OBD point of view. This person also provides technical advice to policy makers on related topics such as GHG, AECDs, and technology trade-offs.
This person prepares material for presentation to the regulators. This person participates in industry efforts to define industry-wide policy positions.
This person will help to create and spread an OBD culture throughout PACCAR.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
This position is also available at PACCAR Technical Centers other location in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Bachelors degree in a relevant technical field required; engineering degree preferred
Advanced degree preferred
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Help drive an OBD culture within PACCAR
* Provide technical advice to PACCAR on implications of OBD for upcoming technology
* Help create OBD policy documents, especially by providing technical input
* Provide advice to PACCAR regarding future regulations, including the HD OBD update in 2018
* Write content to be included in certification documents and during meetings with government regulators
* Collaborate with American and European engineering teams to build team knowledge, assure compliance and create traceable documentation
* Give internal presentations and occasional external presentations
* Work with industry work groups, such as committees of the Engine Manufactures Association, to form industry-wide policies
* Propose improved OBD monitoring algorithms
* Run engine and vehicle experiments
* Collect and analyze engine and vehicle data
* Investigate current product offering, pinpoint opportunities for improvement and suggest
* Relevant technical degree required, engineering degree preferred
* Advanced degree preferred
* 3 years of experience in a technical role in engine emissions area
* Experience with engine emission technology including: FIE, EGR, VGT, DOC, DPF, SCR, LNT, etc
* Knowledge of relevant emissions regulations including OBD and the culture of ARB enforcement
* Ability to explain technology and trade-offs to decision makers
* Experience creating technical documentation including preparation of simplified drawings, diagrams and routings
* Experience creating custom engine control software
* Excellent writing and speaking skills
* Demonstrated ability to self-teach
* Demonstrated curiosity
* Demonstrated ability to search for improvement
* Demonstrated flexibility under changing and unclear conditions
* Knowledge of requirements engineering preferred
* Occasional travel, up to 5 weeks a year
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Everett
Job Segment: Engineer, Testing, Product Development, Engineering, Technology, Customer Service, Research
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
19 days 17 hours ago
applyOBD Regulatory Engineer Job PACCAR, Inc. - Vernon, MI, United States
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. The company also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Project Engineer - Diesel OBD Calibration
- Sr. Project Engineer - Diesel OBD Calibration
- Associate Powertrain Engineer
Long Beach, CA
- System Requirements Engineer
Grass Lake, MI
View More Jobs in Vernon, MI:
- View More Jobs in Vernon, MI
- More OBD Regulatory Engineer Job Jobs in Vernon, MI
- More Engineering Jobs in Vernon, MI
- More PACCAR, Inc. Jobs in Vernon, MI
View More Jobs in Michigan:
- View More Jobs in Michigan
- More OBD Regulatory Engineer Job Jobs in Michigan
- More Engineering Jobs in Vernon, MI
- More PACCAR, Inc. Jobs in Michigan