No-SQL (Cassandra) Database AdministratorTotal System Services, Inc. - Austin, TX
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are People-Centered Payments, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
NetSpend is seeking an Apache Cassandra DBA to oversee the database administration functions of Apache Cassandra. This position is responsible for database planning, design implementation, as well as the maintenance and optimization of Apache Cassandra.
The Apache Cassandra DBA will be part of the DBA team, NetSpend IT Operations. The DBA team manages and supports all database administration functions for Oracle, SQL Server and Apache Cassandra.
- Install/Configure/Maintain/Tune and Administer of Apache Cassandra of Datastax Enterprise Versions.
- Setting up Multi-Datacenters for Cassandra.
- Implement Disaster Recovery for Cassandra.
- Patch/Upgrade Cassandra.
- Implement, maintain and tune Apache Spark.
- Implement backup strategies for Apache Cassandra.
- Participate in DBA team on-call pager rotation and on-call support duties.
- Implement monitoring solutions.
- Work with Development teams on Cassandra Data Modeling.
- 2 years of Cassandra DBA experience.
- 1 year of Oracle DBA experience preferred.
- Proficient with all Cassandra utilities (nodetool, cqlsh etc)
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation.
- Must be able to patch/upgrade Apache Cassandra.
- Experience in performance tuning Apache Cassandra.
- Experience in Planning and implementing (scripting) backup strategies for Cassandra.
- Experience with Apache Spark in Production Environments required.
- Strong knowledge in UNIX/Linux Environments.
- Expert in scripting languages like bash and Perl.
- Experience with administrating Oracle Databases is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Cassandra Data Modeling.
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- A good team player, flexible, share knowledge and help others.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technology field or equivalent experience.
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at 1.706.644.8747 or 1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
10 days 10 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
The people of TSYS® believe we are part of something bigger. Each and every day, we have the opportunity to touch millions of people and businesses — both a tremendous honor and a huge responsibility. For each of life’s purchases, TSYS is behind the scenes making the process frictionless and safe.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Software Engineer
View More Jobs in Austin, TX:
- View More Jobs in Austin, TX
- More No SQL (Cassandra) Database Administrator Jobs in Austin, TX
- More IT Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Total System Services, Inc. Jobs in Austin, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More No SQL (Cassandra) Database Administrator Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Total System Services, Inc. Jobs in Texas