NDT Xray Tech Level I - 3rd ShiftPrecision Castparts Corp. - Groton, CT
NDT Xray Tech Level I - 3rd Shift
THIS IS A THIRD SHIFT POSITION. Training will occur on day shift
Performs X-Ray set-up and exposures of castings by following established procedures and X-Ray techniques to create radiographs that will be evaluated by X-Ray Level II’s with conventional film and/or computed radiography (CR) methods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow X-Ray techniques to accurately set up castings for radiography in X-Ray machines using fixtures and props to position the castings and cassettes, image quality indicators, and nametag information.
- Check paperwork to determine X-Ray needs on each part.
- Review technique cards to determine set up requirements including part positions, angles, film requirements, necessary nametag information
- Load cassettes with proper film loads or imaging plates as required and process them accordingly.
- Operate X-Ray machines to produce radiographs and digital images making adjustments such as tube height, voltage, amperage, and exposure times in accordance with established X-Ray techniques and adjustment allowances.
- After processing, check radiographs for proper sensitivity, density, and coverage so that accurate evaluation can be performed by the Level II’s.
- Perform equipment calibrations/checks as needed.
- Adhere to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operate equipment and tools.
- Identify and report safety problems.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager as needed.
- Training will be provided on the job.
- Radiography Level I course must be completed when requested.
- Computed Radiography (CR) Level I course must be completed when requested.
- Certification must be achieved and maintained through written and performance based exams.
- Radiography skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of radiographer duties or equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- High school diploma or GED (necessary for NDT certification).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to read, follow, and interpret technique cards, quality manual procedures, and other technical specifications as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions such as lifting up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
- X-Ray experience preferred.
SHIFT TO BE DETERMINED
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
11 days 5 hours ago
applyNDT Xray Tech Level I - 3rd Shift Precision Castparts Corp. - Groton, CT, United States
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, the Company is the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. PCC manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Groton, CT:
- View More Jobs in Groton, CT
- More NDT Xray Tech Level I 3rd Shift Jobs in Groton, CT
- More Healthcare Jobs in Groton, CT
- More Precision Castparts Corp. Jobs in Groton, CT
View More Jobs in Connecticut:
- View More Jobs in Connecticut
- More NDT Xray Tech Level I 3rd Shift Jobs in Connecticut
- More Healthcare Jobs in Groton, CT
- More Precision Castparts Corp. Jobs in Connecticut