Mutual Fund AnalystRaymond James Financial, Inc. - Saint Petersburg, FL
Mutual Fund Analyst','1800110','!*!Job Summary:
Under general supervision, the Mutual Fund Analyst utilizes knowledge of finance and investment concepts obtained through education and work experience in order to provide clients with a platform of traditional investment opportunities. Primary functions include conducting quantitative and qualitative due diligence, investment analysis (e.g., financial modeling, risk analysis, validating investment merits, etc.), and making recommendations on domestic, international, and global investment strategies. This will encompass authoring product approval memorandums directed at senior management; making presentations to financial advisors and other constituents; maintaining frequent contact with current as well as prospective fund managers; and supporting financial advisors with requests related to mutual funds. The Mutual Fund Analyst retains some latitude for un-reviewed decision making and as a participant with respect to fund manager interactions in addition to being a key participant in product recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzing the investment merits and risks of traditional investments, including but not limited to domestic, international, global, and sector equity mutual funds, and government, municipal, corporate, and international fixed income mutual funds.
• Preparing product approval memos/presentations for use by the Mutual Fund Research & Marketing Investment Committee, comprised of senior management.
• Conducting due diligence for existing and prospective investment products.
• Transferring product knowledge and expertise by communicating with and educating other departments within the Private Client Investment Products Group, as well as by working directly with financial advisors
• Composing and disseminating due diligence and investment updates for those mutual funds on the Highly Recommended List for use by financial advisors.
• Job scope includes performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence as well as investment analysis (e.g., financial modeling, benchmarking, risk analysis, etc.) on mutual funds, preparing detailed product approval memos and recommendations, conducting meetings and conversations with fund managers to determine the investment merits and risk profile of a fund and/or asset class that currently comprises a large amount of client assets. The job scope also includes making product recommendations and presentations when appropriate.
• Analyst will play a role in decisions to relating to the presentation of a mutual fund for inclusion/removal from the Highly Recommended list. As part of the process, analyst will conduct quantitative and qualitative assessment of a fund and its corresponding asset class, and determine based on the merits of the research whether or not a fund should be considered for presentation to the Investment Committee.
• Review asset class/industry trends and author topical research reports highlighting potential sources of return and sources of risk.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. ','!*!Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Quantitative and qualitative understanding of the investment management business and performance measurement.
• Macro and micro economics and their impact on investment strategies.
• MS Office applications
• Morningstar Direct
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Handle multiple priorities
• Meet multiple critical deadlines
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Minimum Degree Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, General Business or Economics with 1-3 years’ experience in either financial services or accounting role.
• Relevant internship experience (accounting, finance or investment related).
• Licenses/Certifications Required from Date of Hire:
• Series 7 w/in 6 months of hire
• CFA w/in 3 years of hire, or demonstrate progress towards its completion.','Business Development','US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg','','Private Client Group','Full-time','Day Job','Yes, 50 % of the Time','Mutual Fund Analyst'
13 days 1 hour ago
applyMutual Fund Analyst Raymond James Financial, Inc. - Saint Petersburg, FL, United States
Founded in 1962 and a public company since 1983, Raymond James is a diversified financial services holding company with subsidiaries engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to investment banking and asset management. Our stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (RJF).You can call it Ray or you can call it Ray Jay. Raymond James Financial doesn't mind as long as it's calling on customers. It offers investment and financial planning services primarily through subsidiary Raymond James & Associates (RJA), which provides securities brokerage, investment banking, and financial advisory services in North America and Europe. Its Raymond James Financial Services offers financial planning and brokerage services via independent financial advisors, as well as through alliances with community banks. Other units provide asset management, trust, and banking services. The firm has more than 2,500 traditional branches, satellite offices, and independent contractor branches.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Implementation Specialist
View More Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL:
- View More Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
- More Mutual Fund Analyst Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
- More Accounting Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
- More Raymond James Financial, Inc. Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
View More Jobs in Florida:
- View More Jobs in Florida
- More Mutual Fund Analyst Jobs in Florida
- More Accounting Jobs in Saint Petersburg, FL
- More Raymond James Financial, Inc. Jobs in Florida