Mortgage Servicing Operations AccountantPHH Corporation - Imlaystown, NJ
Requisition Number 18-0053
Date Posted 5/4/2018
Title Mortgage Servicing Operations Accountant
City Mt. Laurel
Description Position Summary:
Perform a variety of duties pertaining to financial reporting and remittance. Manage approximately 150 investor portfolios and investor relationships. Conduct complex analysis and research, formulate corrective strategies and document routine post mortem reviews on new investor relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Prepare monthly reporting schedules and remittance requirements for investor portfolios in accordance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Review, assess and communicate Agency guideline changes and complete impact analysis including required changes to existing procedures.
- Lead monthly calls with Investors, Master Servicers and Third Party Vendors to ensure consistent service level agreements and address issues
- Perform root cause analysis on aged reconciling items and complete required remediation including identifying other business owners required remediation and required changes in process to avoid recurrence
- Prepare daily, weekly or monthly reporting schedules and remittance requirements for investor portfolios in accordance with contractual terms and conditions
- Prepare accrual journal entries
- Prepare billable schedules for advances and servicing revenue
- Respond to inquiries in connection with internal and external reviews and prepare responses
- Support training initiatives for other members of the team
- Recommend decisions that have a direct impact on activities and controls of the department.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelors degree in finance/accounting plus two (2) years of experience as an Investor Accountant or a High School diploma or equivalent plus five (5) years of experience in mortgage servicing investor accounting with at least two (2) of those years functioning as an Investor Accountant required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Knowledge of mortgage banking and Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) guidelines preferred
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
- Must pass PHH Corporations Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
- Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
- Builds Strong Working Relationships
- Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
- Customer/External Focus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Proficiency with Mortgage Servicing Platforms (e.g. Black Knight, LPS, etc.) preferred
- 8:30 am - 5:00 pm M-F
This position has option to Telecommute for the right candidate!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
17 days 18 hours ago
applyMortgage Servicing Operations Accountant PHH Corporation - Imlaystown, NJ, United States
PHH Corporation (NYSE: PHH) was founded in 1946 by Duane Peterson, Harley Howell and Richard Heather. For over 60 years, PHH Corporation has helped our clients improve their business through outsourcing. We deliver world-class outsourcing solutions to our clients through our subsidiaries, PHH Mortgage and PHH Arval
Jobs You Might Also Like
- REO Supervisor
- Finance Manager - Customer Logistics Services
- Fund Controller, Financial Operations - Hedge Fund exp
- Senior Financial Analyst
- 500 - Project Manager for Private Equity Team, AVP
View More Jobs in Imlaystown, NJ:
- View More Jobs in Imlaystown, NJ
- More Mortgage Servicing Operations Accountant Jobs in Imlaystown, NJ
- More Accounting Jobs in Imlaystown, NJ
- More PHH Corporation Jobs in Imlaystown, NJ
View More Jobs in New Jersey:
- View More Jobs in New Jersey
- More Mortgage Servicing Operations Accountant Jobs in New Jersey
- More Accounting Jobs in Imlaystown, NJ
- More PHH Corporation Jobs in New Jersey