Modeling/Simulation Engineer JobScience Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Hampton, VA
Modeling/Simulation Engineer (Job Number:433136)
Plans and executes modeling and simulation systems development projects. Possesses and applies knowledge about simulation methods for analysis of complex human-machine systems and training. Designs and develops simulation systems and modeling of simulation objects.
Duties may include:
- performing analysis applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems;
• performing analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues, and reviewing test plans to ensure MOEs address operational requirements using modeling and simulation tools and techniques;
• reviewing plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assisting in the development of training for operational personnel. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related discipline. 5 of years experience developing simulation software in C++.
Experienced with Objected Oriented development in a multi-threaded environment. Air Traffic Management Simulation development. Experience with Qt Experience with Python Weather Data visualization experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Jan 2, 2018, 8:15:01 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-VA-HAMPTON
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: Other Clearance
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Other Clearance
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
11 days 8 hours ago
applyModeling/Simulation Engineer Job Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Hampton, VA, United States
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Information Assurance Systems Engineer Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA
- Test Engineer, Lead
- Network Security Engineer
- Sr. Software Engineer
View More Jobs in Hampton, VA:
- View More Jobs in Hampton, VA
- More Modeling Simulation Engineer Job Jobs in Hampton, VA
- More Engineering Jobs in Hampton, VA
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Hampton, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Modeling Simulation Engineer Job Jobs in Virginia
- More Engineering Jobs in Hampton, VA
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Virginia