MechanicSuperior Essex Inc. - Tarboro, NC
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This position exists for the purpose of performing tasks such as troubleshooting, repair, and installation of production and support equipment. Personally handle general repair work and maintenance on all mechanical components, machinery, motors, and associated hardware. Assist with the assembly and installation of new equipment for electrical and mechanical areas. Use various hand and power tools and operate all types of electronic troubleshooting equipment. Perform routine preventive maintenance and servicing tasks such as cleaning, adjusting and inspections on mechanical equipment. Assist with production and support equipment design, fabrication, installation and training. Must be able to work evening and night shift hours. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot and repair existing equipment when assigned along with completing preventive maintenance tasks. This requires the ability to accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment for both production and support of the plant. Some additional welding; plumbing; carpentry; and minor electrical work will also be necessary.
- Design, fabricate, assemble and install parts, fixtures or entire assemblies as requested by Engineering or Department Managers.
- Initiates necessary parts request form for unstocked parts so repairs can be completed. This requires the employee to research equipment files, blue prints, and machine history to determine part numbers or identification of needed part.
- Working with drawings, layouts, time sheets, work orders and cost reduction efforts & imrovements or safety proposals.
- Perform other duties as directed by Maintenance Supervisor. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Read, write, perform mathematical calculations, understand verbal or written instructions, provide verbal or written information to others, work continuous shift if requested, work scheduled or unscheduled overtime if requested, maintain a good attendance and punctuality record, follow all safety rules and maintain housekeeping in area of responsibility, work well with others, and distinguish colors correctly. Mechanic will be standing and walking the majority of the workday. Pulling, pushing, bending, and squatting will be performed occasionally.
- Occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds will be necessary.
- Mechanical moving equipment is available for handling heavy weights. Must be able to qualify for forklift certification.
- Must be able to move about freely in an industrial environment
- Good eyesight (safety glasses required).
- Ability to hear; excessive noise level requires the use of a hearing PPE.
- Medium to Heavy Work Classification COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: *************
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Superior Essex International LP manufactures a broad portfolio of wire and cable products and accessories, including copper and optical fiber cables, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) cables and accessories, Fiber-to-the-Premises (FTTP) closures, Outside Plant (OSP) copper and fiber cables, Fire Alarm and Security (FAS) cables and low/medium voltage, energy cable products that service the Commercial, Industrial, and Utility markets. Contact Info
- Tarboro, NC 27886
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
24 days 9 hours ago
applyMechanic Superior Essex Inc. - Tarboro, NC, United States
Superior Essex is a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of wire and cable products. Our Magnet Wire and Distribution business segment is the world’s largest producer of magnet wire, also known as winding wire. Magnet Wire is an insulated copper or aluminum conductor used by major original equipment manufacturers and distributors. Magnet wire is found in industrial motors, transformers and generators, automotive applications, electrical coils and controls, and appliances. It is also used in motor and transformer repair.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Diesel Technician\/Mechanic II
Rocky Mount, NC
- GAS, PROPANE & DIESEL GAS DELIVERY DRIVERS
Rocky Mount, NC
- Mulit Craft Maintenance Mechanics
- General Laborer
Rocky Mount, NC
- HVAC Technician
View More Jobs in Tarboro, NC:
- View More Jobs in Tarboro, NC
- More Mechanic Jobs in Tarboro, NC
- More Superior Essex Inc. Jobs in Tarboro, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Mechanic Jobs in North Carolina
- More Superior Essex Inc. Jobs in North Carolina