Mechanic 1st Class - MetalsTesoro Corporation. - Martinez, CA
Requisition ID: 63681 POSITION SUMMARY
Under the general direction of the Fixed Equipment Supervisor, the Metals Mechanic is responsible for maintenance and construction of welding layout and fabrication of structural steel and mechanical components. The incumbent is directly responsible for troubleshooting for problem identification and repair of welding problems.
* Operate and maintain shop equipment such as but not limited to welders, plasmas, roll, shear, pull max, rotex, drill press, marvel saw and grinders. * Metal fabrication using various materials such as but not limited to carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum. * Welding various materials such as but not limited to carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum. * Design, measure and sketch structural steel components per Andeavor engineering standards. * Fabricate and erect structural steel components and structures per Andeavor engineering standards.
* Requires frequent standing, occasional bending, squatting, twisting, balancing and reaching for extended period of times. Required to drive company vehicles and equipment. Individual will be required to work in extreme temperature conditions, both hot and cold; high pressures; in and/or around moisture; on slippery and/or uneven surfaces, in confined space; and at heights. Will be exposed to noise; vibrations; radiation; salt water; chemical substances (i.e., well-treating chemicals, glycol, ambitrol, methanol, solvents, gasoline, natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons); irregular or extended work hours and mandatory overtime. * When specific hazards exists could be required to perform the work while wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including bunker gear, flash suits, respiratory protection, supplied air equipment and fall protection.
* General knowledge of refinery process units and process knowledge preferred. * Knowledge of regulatory and industry requirements including but not limited to Process Safety Management (PSM), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), American Petroleum Institute (API), National Electric Code (NEC), Environmental Standards and other applicable regulations preferred. * Strong interpersonal skills; with strong oral and writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. * Must be able to perform work in a team or individual environment. * Must possess ability to keep accurate legible documentation of work. * Strong computer skills including but not limited to SAP, and M.S. Office Suite including, Outlook, Word, and Excel. * Requires strong mechanical and troubleshooting abilities on individual devices and systems. * Requires safe work practices to ensure safety is a fundamental part of every task. Including following all safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping practices. * Requires ability to respond to refinery needs outside of normally scheduled work hours and take ownership of all work performed. * Requires regular attendance.
EDUCATION and Experience:
* Minimum: High School diploma or GED.
* Requires 1-3 years industrial or similar work experience and/or in similar activities.
* Requires ability to pass a written exam and a hands-on practical test. * Incumbent must be medically cleared and physically able to work in all areas of the refinery and perform all job requirements outlined utilizing required safety gear. * Candidates must be comfortable working in confined spaces and high elevations, and be physically capable of entering all Refinery towers and vessels when/where necessary. * Must obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) for ongoing unescorted access into Refinery from perimeter gates.
* Must possess a valid Driver’s License, with an acceptable driving record. * Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
10 days 7 hours ago
applyMechanic 1st Class - Metals Tesoro Corporation. - Martinez, CA, United States
As one of the largest independent refiners and marketers of petroleum products in the United States, Tesoro plays an integral role in fueling the communities we serve. We are committed to safe, clean, reliable operations, while creating value for everyone invested in our success. Through our advantaged crude supply and integrated network of refineries, transportation and terminal operations, logistics assets and retail stations, we are intentionally positioned to capitalize on today’s opportunities and tomorrow’s possibilities.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- TANKER TRUCK DRIVER - CDL CLASS A
Santa Clara, CA
- 1ST Class Machinest
- Sheetmetal Prod Mechanic 2
- Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3
View More Jobs in Martinez, CA:
- View More Jobs in Martinez, CA
- More Mechanic 1st Class Metals Jobs in Martinez, CA
- More Tesoro Corporation. Jobs in Martinez, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Mechanic 1st Class Metals Jobs in California
- More Tesoro Corporation. Jobs in California