Manufacturing Operations Shift SupervisorCorning Incorporated - Goleta, CA
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts.This job deploys partners and delegates tasks so that partners can create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
* Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
* Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
* Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
* Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
* Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
* Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partnerperformance.
* Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
* Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
* Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned. Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
* Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
* Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers.
* Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
* Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with store manager to find new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
* Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
* Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Summary of Experience
Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment - 1 year
* Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
* Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Six (6) months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
* Prepare and coach the preparation of food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
* At least six (6) months of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to direct the work of others
* Ability to learn quickly
* Effective oral communication skills
* Knowledge of the retail environment
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to build relationships
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
20 days 20 hours ago
applyManufacturing Operations Shift Supervisor Corning Incorporated - Goleta, CA, United States
Corning Incorporated manufactures and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. The company operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. The Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs) that are used primarily in notebook computers, flat panel desktop monitors, and LCD televisions. The Optical Communications segment manufactures optical fiber and cable, and hardware and equipment products comprising cable assemblies, fiber optic hardware and connectors, optical components and couplers, closures, network interface devices, and other accessories. The Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary, and gasoline and diesel applications. The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide approximately 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics, and fluoride crystals. The Life Sciences segment develops, manufactures, and supplies scientific laboratory products, such as general labware and equipment, as well as specialty surfaces, media, and reagents for cell culture research, bioprocessing, genomics, drug discovery, microbiology, and chemistry. This segment also develops and produces various technologies, including the Corning Epic technology for screening; the Corning HYPER platform of vessels for cell yields; Corning Microcarriers for cell scale-up, therapy, and vaccine applications; Corning CellBIND, Matrigel, BioCoat, and Synthemax II surfaces; and Corning stemgro media. Corning Incorporated has strategic collaboration agreement with World Kitchen, LLC. The company was formerly known as Corning Glass Works and changed its name to Corning Incorporated in April 1989. Corning Incorporated was founded in 1851 and is based in Corning, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Vans PT Stock Supervisor (Santa Barbara 221 Santa Barbara, C...
Santa Barbara, CA
View More Jobs in Goleta, CA:
- View More Jobs in Goleta, CA
- More Manufacturing Operations Shift Supervisor Jobs in Goleta, CA
- More Retail Jobs in Goleta, CA
- More Hospitality Jobs in Goleta, CA
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in Goleta, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Manufacturing Operations Shift Supervisor Jobs in California
- More Retail Jobs in Goleta, CA
- More Hospitality Jobs in Goleta, CA
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in California