Manager III, Railcar RepairThe Andersons, Inc. - Danville, IL
Manager III, Railcar Repair
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5349922
If you need assistance on how to apply please click here.
Manager III, Railcar Repair: Personnel 30 ; Sales >$4M
Manager II, Railcar Repair: Personnel 16-30; Sales >$2M
Manager I, Railcar Repair: Personnel 1-15; Sales
Depending on the organization, this position may report to a Railcar Repair Manager, an Area Railcar Repair Manager, or an Operations Director.
Reporting to the incumbent may be the Rail Shop Assistant, Rail Shop Foreman or Crewleader, Quality Assurance roles, Inspector/Estimator roles, Rail Shop Workers, Cleaning Technicians, and/or Painter/Blasters. The total number of direct reports and the jobs they perform is ultimately dictated by the size of the shop.
The following accountabilities are to be carried out in a manner consistent with the spirit and philosophy outlined in The Andersons' Statement of Principles:
1. The incumbent is responsible to select, train, develop and motivate a team of employees who have the technical skills to carry out the accountabilities of their position consistent with the objectives of the Rail Group. The incumbent must maintain an open and direct line of communication with all team members in an effort to develop others through constructive feedback. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing all performance communication as well as completion of documentation including the initiation of all required safety, incident, and workers? compensation forms.
2. The Manager is responsible for all work assignments, with emphasis on work schedules, productivity, A.A.R. compliance, and cost control. The Manager ultimately oversees all incoming railcars and assures availability of needed parts, material, tools, equipment and supplies.
3. Provide accurate, timely, and constructive input that result in realistic and competitive bids for railcar modifications and repairs.
4. Oversee and monitor all inspection and estimating processes in order to develop accurate and cost-efficient estimates. The incumbent must assure a process is in place that will result in market competitive estimates that also optimize Rail Group profitability.
5. Assure the lowest possible acquisition cost for all necessary parts, materials, tools and equipment.
6. Ensure that all fixed assets and inventory are properly maintained and protected. All equipment should be clean and maintained in a useable condition. Minimize inventory obsolescence while meeting or exceeding inventory efficiency objectives.
7. Maintain all shop equipment and machinery in working order, ensuring a clean and safe work environment.
8. Coordinate with Rail Group senior management to establish an annual operating budget. The incumbent will justify any requests outside of the budget parameters.
? Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration or Engineering
? Seven years of progressive management experience in a similar environment
? Incumbent must have a proven track record in team development, production management, and organizational skills.
? A working knowledge of the Manual of Standards and Recommended Practices of the AAR (Association of American Railroads) is essential
? AWS (American Welding Society) certification.
? The incumbent must po sess strong PC and computer skills. An aptitude for numbers is desired.
There is exposure to noise and occasional exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, and gas. Also, there is some lifting of sheet metal and railroad parts, equipment, and tools. In addition, the incumbent may exposed to gas fumes and blow torch flames and welding arcs in the operation of welding tools. The incumbent must be able to do any of the following for short periods of time:
Standing - while holding a torch or other repair equipment
Climbing - will need to climb on ladders, on top of railcars and other equipment
Lifting - 50lbs
Pulling and/or Pushing - certain tools and parts in order to properly repair
Carrying - large/heavy railcar parts or tools
Grasping - various railcar parts or tools
Reaching - for various railcar parts or tools
Stooping and Crouching - under or beside railcars and other equipment
Crawling - under railcars or other equipment while performing the repairs
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish
2 days 22 hours ago
applyManager III, Railcar Repair The Andersons, Inc. - Danville, IL, United States
about us What began as a single grain elevator and one man’s dream has grown into a publicly traded company with diverse interests that include agribusinesses such as grain and plant nutrients as well as railcar leasing and repair, industrial products formulation, turf products, retailing and most recently, ethanol operations. The premise of the original organization, founded by Harold Anderson and his family, was to make it as easy as possible for regional farmers to take their corn to market. The business model of serving others, primarily the customer, is the foundation on which the company was built. Today, throughout all of The Andersons' business endeavors, the company and its nearly 3,000 employees are committed to providing extraordinary service with the utmost integrity.
View More Jobs in Danville, IL:
- View More Jobs in Danville, IL
- More Manager III Railcar Repair Jobs in Danville, IL
- More Engineering Jobs in Danville, IL
- More The Andersons, Inc. Jobs in Danville, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Manager III Railcar Repair Jobs in Illinois
- More Engineering Jobs in Danville, IL
- More The Andersons, Inc. Jobs in Illinois