Manager, US Financial Accounting ServicesAlcoa Corporation
Manager, US Financial Accounting Services
Manager, US Financial Accounting Services
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in the production of bauxite, alumina and aluminum, enhanced by a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation draws on the innovation culture, customer relationships and strong brand of Alcoa. Previously known as the Aluminum Company of America, Alcoa pioneered the aluminum industry 128 years ago with the discovery of the first commercial process for the affordable production of aluminum. Since the discovery, Alcoa aluminum was used in the Wright brothers’ first flight (1903), Alcoa helped produce the first aluminum-sheathed skyscraper (1952), the first all-aluminum vehicle frame (1994) and the first aluminum beer bottle (2004). Today, Alcoa Corporation extends this heritage of product and process innovation as it strives to continuously redefine world-class operational performance at its locations, while partnering with its customers across its range of global products. We believe that the lightweight capabilities and enhanced performance attributes that aluminum offers across a number of end markets are in increasingly high demand and underpin strong growth prospects for Alcoa Corporation. Alcoa Corporation’s operations encompass all major production processes in the primary aluminum industry value chain, which we believe provides Alcoa Corporation with a strong platform from which to serve our customers in each critical segment.
Lead the US Financial Accounting Services team in providing general accounting, FERC and accounts receivable services for Alcoa entities across US. Work with process owner for above functions across Alcoa’s five regional centers to standardize processes and procedures, achieve operating efficiencies and reduce costs to location customers.
The Global Financial Accounting Services team consists of approximately 70 individuals working in five countries: United States, Canada, Brazil, Australia and Hungary
· Provide strategic direction in the delivery of general accounting, FERC and accounts receivable
· Consistently challenge the level of work suitable for co-sourcing / off shoring to lower cost providers, while delivering high quality services to location customers
· Maintain close connection with global financial systems team in the ownership and management of the Oracle general ledger, FERC and accounts receivable applications, including, but not limited to, monthly processing, upgrades, testing, training, and user support
· Serve as liaison with corporate finance contacts on significant transactions that impact our services and customers (acquisition, divestiture, reorganization, restructuring / shutdown, etc.)
· Provide guidance and oversight of other regional Financial Accounting Services work in regard to special transactions
· Execute US based transaction accounting
· Ensure staffing levels are adequate to meet the work requirements (timely hiring / replacement / displacement), while developing and mentoring team members
· Prepare and review with customers the appropriate Service Level Agreements which define services, accountabilities, costs, and performance metrics
· Own the US ASAT and propose changes to promote improved controls and / or testing efficiency in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
· Manage priorities while working with multiple locations
· Persuade process changes / drive standardization to achieve world class operations
· Remain flexible and even tempered when priorities change quickly
· Lower the costs charged to location customers year after year, while maintaining or improving the level of service and quality
· Lend expertise to facilitate process improvements within other GSS resource units
· Manage on-going work requirements while leading and participating in special projects / transactions
· 10 years of accounting experience
· Minimum Education – Bachelors Degree in Accounting / Finance
· Excellent in Excel
· Experience with Oracle ERP and Hyperion system
· CPA or MBA
· Leadership skills, proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead and drive complex initiatives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
6 days 5 hours ago
applyManager, US Financial Accounting Services Alcoa Corporation - , , United States
A global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world. A global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr Manager, Tax
- Relationship Manager II
- Budget/Planning Mgr II
Santa Clara, CA
- Accounting Manager FSC
Fort Worth, TX
- Financial Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, ...
New York City, NY