Manager, Technology Procurement, Vendor Sourcing ManagementCharles Schwab & Co., Inc - Phoenix, AZ
Job ID: ********-3106
Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clients goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of own your tomorrow every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. CVM identifies, mitigates, monitors, and manages vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements. The CVM organization also provides category management and demonstrates strategic sourcing capabilities in the Technology space (Hardware, Software, Telecom and Networks).
What youll do:
* The Sr. Manager, Technology (Hardware, Software, Telecom, and Networks), will play an essential role within Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) by providing business partners with category management leadership, planning and expertise.
* This position will be responsible for fostering strong relationships with senior Schwab stakeholders; developing, maintaining and executing Technology category plans; managing all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle; as well as collaborating with risk groups and legal, as required, on vendor engagements. The Sr. Manager will also ensure that industry-leading procurement services tools are utilized to support growth relationships for our suppliers and business partners.
* The Sr. Manager will lead the review, analysis, and negotiation of strategic technology projects, identify competitive vendors or other alternatives to generate leverage and drive favorable pricing and terms and conditions.
* Gather business and technical requirements and produce necessary documentation in support of RFx events. Develop internal presentations and business cases to support management approvals of multi-year vendor agreements. Additionally develop, review, and manage any ad hoc documents requiring special circumstances and legal reviews.
* Provide economic analysis of vendor proposals and various internal management inquiries for existing or potential vendor expenditures. Identify and document both internal and external risks associated with technology purchase transactions.
* Work with internal stakeholders to determine risks and dependencies.
* Work with Finance, Legal, Risk and other subject matter experts within Schwab to ensure that that policies and procedures and followed and met.
What you have:
* 7 years of experience in the procurement of Technology (Hardware, Software, Telecom and Networks) category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, vendor management, risk management and/or procurement (required)
* The ability to lead cross-functional teams and build category management plans that maximize value and mitigate risks while ensuring internal stakeholders requirements are met
* Proven track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners and internal/ external stakeholders
* Self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal direction
* Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contract law and risk requirements
* Expertise in sourcing policy, procedures and processes
* Flexible and adaptable in handling/implementing change and understands how that change will impact the team, internal Business Partners and vendors
* Ability to oversee multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
* Ability to apply change management and consulting skills/knowledge and expertise
* Strong research and analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, facilitation, and negotiation skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Excel (required) and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access is a plus
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
What youll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwabs policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at ************. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwabs hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications None
Relevant Work Experience Financial Services-6 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
Position Located In AZ - Phoenix
Job Type Full Time
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
19 days 1 hour ago
applyManager, Technology Procurement, Vendor Sourcing Management Charles Schwab & Co., Inc - Phoenix, AZ, United States
The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a full range of securities, brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services through its operating subsidiaries. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), Member SIPC, offers investment services and products, including Schwab brokerage accounts. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides deposit and lending services and products. Schwab Advisor Services™ serves independent investment advisors and includes the custody, trading, and support services of Schwab. Independent investment advisors are not owned, affiliated with, or supervised by Schwab. Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. and Schwab Retirement Plan Services Company provide recordkeeping and related services with respect to retirement plans. Charles Schwab received the highest numerical score in the J.D. Power 2016 Full Service Investor Satisfaction Study, based on 6,006 responses from 20 firms measuring opinions of investors who used full-service investment institutions and we are surveyed in January 2016. To arrive at the top 50 Most Admired Companies overall (our “All-Stars”), Korn Ferry Hay Group asked 4,000 executives, directors, and securities analysts who had responded to the industry surveys to select the 10 companies they admired most. They chose from a list made up of the companies that ranked in the top 25% in last year’s surveys, plus those that finished in the top 20% of their industry. Anyone could vote for any company in any industry. The difference in the voting rolls is why some results can seem anomalous. For example, St. Jude Medical ranks No. 40 on the overall Most Admired list, returning after a two-year hiatus. But within the medical products and equipment subgroup, St. Jude Medical, based on its peers’ responses, missed the “Industry Standouts” cut by ranking in the bottom half of the group. (0416-EXLH) Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Senior Director Accounts Payable
- Chief Financial Officer - GE-Harbin JV
View More Jobs in Phoenix, AZ:
- View More Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
- More Manager Technology Procurement Vendor Sourcing Management Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
- More Accounting Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
- More Charles Schwab & Co., Inc Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View More Jobs in Arizona:
- View More Jobs in Arizona
- More Manager Technology Procurement Vendor Sourcing Management Jobs in Arizona
- More Accounting Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
- More Charles Schwab & Co., Inc Jobs in Arizona