Manager, Technology Operations - AssuranceAmeriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN
About Ameriprise :
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Ensures a resilient environment by proactive stress testing our HA designs. Defines, executes, measures and reports on proactive resiliency testing. Includes physical and virtual infrastructure; vendors; and other third-parties.
Product Improvement & Change Management
- Participate in change management process and approve technology and service changes; ensure balance between business requests and impact/risk.
- Assist in establishing technology/service goals and reporting needs.
- Participate in transition of technology and services into production support.
- Develop call scripts, monitoring procedures and break/fix documentation.
- Collaborate on system health evaluations to address performance issues and establish action plans (internal and/or vendor).
- Provide end-to-end oversight of critical incidents.
- Coordinate efforts of support teams (internal and/or vendor) to drive service restoration targets.
- Liaise with technology teams to develop corrective action or work-arounds to resolve incidents.
- Ensure action plans are in place to address recurring issues, including escalation and effective hand-off to other technology teams as required.
- Ensure compliance with incident management processes and procedures.
- Provide on-call support.
- Participate in the budget and project planning process by providing accurate estimates of work, resources required, scope and cost as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Review vendor/supplier invoices, as applicable, to ensure services provided/business activity translates accurately to spend.
- Monitor and perform routine performance/service-level audits to ensure optimal utilization.
- Collaborate with technical teams, business partners, and vendors to advocate for assigned services/technologies, ensuring stable operations/production environment.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team through effective hiring, vendor partner management, coaching and performance management.
Vendor & Service Level Management
- Work with vendors, technology and the business to establish and review service level agreements/objectives (SLA/Os).
Maintain Skill-Set & Relationships
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with business partners, vendor partners and service providers, as well as other teams across
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related. (Equivalent experience considered)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 2 years of experience providing day-to-day oversight/supervision to a team of technical employees and/or vendor partner resources.
- 3-5 years of broad technical experience with proven expertise in several of the following areas: servers, networks, hardware, operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Solaris, Linux, AIX), virtualization software, middleware and related base build infrastructure and software.
- Experience and subject matter expertise in the web and distributed computing environment, as well as mainframe experience.
- 2 years of experience and proven success identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement to configurations, procedures and process to enable greater availability, capability and efficiency.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Preferred certification in ITIL Foundation.
- Direct people-management experience to include performance management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Excellent problem detection and determination skills in multiple functional infrastructure/application areas.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven experience creating, championing and maintaining processes, procedures and policies.
- Experience working in the financial services industry or other similar, highly regulated environment.
Apply for this job at http://ameriprise.contacthr.com/58704606
View More Ameriprise Jobs
9 days 14 hours ago
applyManager, Technology Operations - Assurance Ameriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN, United States
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- QA Automation Lead
- Project Manager - IT Infrastructure
- QA Automation Lead
- Technology Risk Services Consulting Manager
- IT Manager (Application Services) – Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Saint Paul, MN
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Manager Technology Operations Assurance Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Manager Technology Operations Assurance Jobs in Minnesota
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minnesota