Manager, R\u0026D FinanceBiogen - Cambridge, MA
The position will report to the Associate Director, R&D Finance and will be responsible for the following:
BTMS Finance Lead - as finance lead for the BTMS team, this person will provide ongoing support, reporting and strategic analysis, including ad-hoc analysis to inform important business decisions.
Business Planning - lead the BTMS forecasting, annual budgeting and long-range planning processes. Work with internal stakeholders to create robust functional financial plans. Provide variance reporting for budget management. Work with leadership teams to suggest ways to prioritize spend to within target.
Monthly Close Activities - prepare BTMS journal entries and provide monthly variance analysis commentary for WD5 meeting. Responsible for BTMS month-end/quarter-end close, including creation of journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis. Ensure Compliance with SOX requirements and BIIB accounting policy and procedures. Maintain control of key areas of balance sheet and support external audit
Responsible for Clinical Trial accounting for selected trials. Work closely with clinical financial planners to accurately accrue for clinical trial fees and services
Program Team Finance Lead - finance lead for certain cross-functional development program teams. Attend regular program team meetings and provide ongoing support, reporting and strategic analysis to R&D Program Team leader.
External Posting Title
Manager, R&D Finance
Finance & Accounting
• Strong financial acumen with a value creation mindset.
• Compelling communication and presentation skills and demonstrated success building partnership across organizational boundaries. Must be able to effectively work with non-finance colleagues across the organization.
• Commitment to customer service with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results.
• Interest in and ability to understand early stage drug development to enable this position to provide value-added input into business decisions.
• Familiarity w/Oracle, Hyperion and Business Objects preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP, and SOX compliance requirements
• Minimum of 5 years of finance experience, preferably a combination of public accounting and private industry
• Life sciences industry experience required
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance-related major required
• CPA or MBA a plus
This position supports the Biotherapeutic and Medicinal Sciences (BTMS) Function within the Biogen Research and Development organization. Individual will lead planning and strategic financial analysis for the BTMS team.
7 days 6 hours ago
applyManager, R\u0026D Finance Biogen - Cambridge, MA, United States
Biogen Idec Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia, and autoimmune disorders in the United States and internationally. Its marketed products include AVONEX for the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS); TYSABRI to treat relapsing MS; RITUXAN for treating relapsed or refractory, CD20-positive, and B-cell Non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL); FUMADERM for the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis in adult patients; and FAMPYRA, an oral compound for the improvement of walking in adult patients with MS with walking disability. The companys products that completed Phase III clinical trials comprise TECFIDERA (BG-12) for MS; Peginterferon beta-1a to prolong the effects and reduce the dosing frequency of interferon beta-1a; and long-lasting Factor VIII and IX product candidates for the treatment of hemophilia. Its products under Phase III clinical trials consist of Daclizumab, a monoclonal antibody in relapsing MS; TYSABRI for secondary progressive MS; and GA101, a monoclonal antibody for chronic lymphocytic leukemia and NHL. The companys Phase II clinical trial products include Anti-LINGO for optic neuritis; STX-100 for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis; and ANTI-TWAEK for lupus nephritis. The companys Phase I clinical trial products comprise Anti-LINGO for MS; BIIB037 for Alzheimer's disease; Neublastin for neuropathic pain; and Anti-CD40 Ligand for general lupus, as well as Phase 1b/2a clinical trial product includes ISIS-SMNRx for spinal muscular atrophy. It has collaboration agreements with Genentech, Inc.; Elan Pharma International, Ltd; Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.; Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB. The company was formerly known as IDEC Pharmaceuticals Corporation and changed its name to Biogen Idec Inc. in November 2003. Biogen Idec Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
View More Jobs in Cambridge, MA:
- View More Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Manager R\u0026D Finance Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Accounting Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Biogen Jobs in Cambridge, MA
View More Jobs in Massachusetts:
- View More Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Manager R\u0026D Finance Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Accounting Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Biogen Jobs in Massachusetts