Manager, Environmental Health & SafetyBE AEROSPACE, INC - SC, USA
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
Woven Electronics is the premier designer and integrator of interconnect and assembly packaging solutions. We custom designs and manufactures electronic assemblies and components for systems, sub-systems, and test equipment for military and commercial aircraft, surface ship and ground applications. We manufacture a highly specialized, responsive design and manufacturing capability that is dedicated to producing quality, cost effective turn-key products. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Manager, Environmental Health & Safety in our Operations business located in Simpsonville, SC.
Oversees and monitors all aspects of Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) regulatory compliance for all manufacturing, administrative, and service centers of the company in the United States.
* Coordinates planning, organization, and implementation of environmental programs.
* Monitors existing and potential environmental concerns and recommends priorities for resolution.
* Develops and recommends programs for remedial action.
* Coordinates necessary resources to implement programs.
* May lead response teams for critical incidents.
Health & Safety
* Develops and manages the implementation of programs to ensure management takes the actions needed to raise employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from hazards in the workplace, including occupational illness. Develops and manages programs to maintain and improve the general health of all employees.
* Identifies common safety/health hazards inherent in the organization's operations, and establishes guidelines for protection from those hazards.
* Investigates and establishes standards for protective equipment. Personally investigates major accidents or problem areas and recommends future preventive measures.
* Audits safety/health programs for compliance with OSHA standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions.
* Establishes company safety and health objectives. Monitors all environmental remediation projects and relays updates to affected associates.
* Audits all facilities to determine which EH&S programs are applicable and to what compliance level the facility has attained; implements methods and measures to bring all facilities to the compliance level desired by corporate policy and practices; re-audits as necessary to ensure and fine tune compliance efforts.
* Working within corporate goals and objectives, coordinates written core plans and procedures for each facility to achieve a uniform corporate EH&S philosophy.
* Develops and maintains a reporting system for effectively communicating the status of EH&S projects to all affected associates at the corporate and facility levels.
* Encourages and/or initiates EH&S cost reduction projects as they arise incorporating lean manufacturing principles wherever possible.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university.
* Minimum 5-years’ related experience and/or training EH& S; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience with Ergonomics
* Experience with initiating Health and Safety Programs
* OSHA Certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
7 days 5 hours ago
applyManager, Environmental Health & Safety BE AEROSPACE, INC - , SC, United States
B/E Aerospace is the worldwide leading manufacturer of aircraft passenger cabin interior products for the commercial and business jet aircraft markets. B/E Aerospace is also the leading global distributor of aerospace fasteners. B/E Aerospace has leading worldwide market shares in all of its major product lines and serves virtually all of the world's airlines, aircraft manufacturers and leasing companies through its direct global sales and customer support organizations.