Manager, Donor RelationsNational Immigration Law Center - Los Angeles, CA
Position and background
The National Immigration Law Center is seeking a Donor Relations Manager to join our Development Department. The Donor Relations Manager will support the Senior Officer, Individual Giving through the establishment and maintenance of NILC’s Annual Fund, donor research, creation of fundraising materials, fundraising event–planning and general donor cultivation/relationship maintenance. This position works with the Senior Officer, Individual Giving to develop strategies and manage NILC’s program for donors contributing less than $1,000. The full-time position is based in our Los Angeles office. This position reports to the Senior Officer, Individual Giving.
- Creates and maintains NILC’s Annual Fund, including developing launch and cultivation strategies. Supports Senior Officer, Individual Giving to develop, implement and evaluate individual donor fundraising strategies.
- Oversees the planning and execution of fundraising events including donor salons, informational briefings, and NILC’s annual awards, working with event planning consultants.
- Manages and executes acquisition, cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors giving less than $1,000, working in conjunction with other NILC departments including communications and finance.
- Researches individual donors and creates and updates donor profiles, solicitation materials and strategies. Manages correspondence with donors.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Education and qualifications
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, and have strong project management skills. You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of fundraising experience, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Previous experience planning and implementing events of varying scales.
- Annual Fund experience in nonprofit fundraising environment.
Additionally, we’d prefer a candidate who has:
- The ability to establish priorities and complete work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated record of successful follow-through on tasks and goals.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with exceptional attention
- Excellent relationship-building and project-management skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Competence with word processing, spreadsheets, email, calendars, and databases preferred—as well as the ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
If you know about and have a passion for the issues facing immigrants, that’s a bonus, but it isn’t required.
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary DOE. Benefits include health, dental, and vision; disability and life insurance; flexible spending account; 403(b) employer retirement plan. Excellent time off benefits!
Please send a detailed cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position, resume, and a 3- to 5-page writing sample to the National Immigration Law Center, Ref#DRM1017 (please write this reference number in your email message’s subject line). Send these materials by email. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please do not send duplicate materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You must have all materials requested and follow instructions provided above to be considered. No phone calls, please.
NILC is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. NILC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or any other protected class.
6 days 20 hours ago
National Immigration Law Center
Please review all application instructions before applying.
NILC IS EXCLUSIVELY DEDICATED to defending and advancing the rights and opportunities of low-income immigrants and their families. Our mission is grounded in the belief that every American—and aspiring American—should have the opportunity to fulfill their full potential regardless of their color, where they were born, or how much money they have. Using our deep expertise in litigation, policy, and communications, we address issues that affect the lives of low-income immigrants and work with communities across the nation to create a more inclusive, just, and equitable society. Join our dedicated, collaborative, and fun team as we fight to defend and advance the ideals that our nation is founded on!
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Los Angeles, CA:
- View More Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
- More Manager Donor Relations Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
- More Nonprofit Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
- More National Immigration Law Center Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Manager Donor Relations Jobs in California
- More Nonprofit Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
- More National Immigration Law Center Jobs in California