MaintenanceValmont Industries, Inc. - Steele, AL
475 Dietrich Road Steele Alabama 35987-2613
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and
BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift position in the Global Coatings Division at our Steele, Alabama location. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will performance maintenance and repair at the site. This is a second shift position. Additionally, you will
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance procedures
- Perform industrial maintenance using tools and equipment of several trades such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, electronics, welding, etc.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly inspections throughout the plant to ensure all equipment is operating properly
- Install and configure new equipment as well as dismantle and replace defective or old parts and machines
- Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
- This job requires walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, lifting
- This job requires use of hand and power tools and knowledge in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, electronics, welding
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum three years of experience in an Industrial Maintenance position
- A proven working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Minimum two years of experience using hand and power tools
- The ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane
- The ability to climb and work from ladders, manlifts, and scissor lifts.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- An Associates or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Three or more years of previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance position
- Two or more years of previous experience operating hand and/or power tools
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call ************** or email *************************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
12 days 9 hours ago
applyMaintenance Valmont Industries, Inc. - Steele, AL, United States
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Area Operations Supervisor
- Production Quality 1 1
- Tooling Engineer
- Network Administrator
View More Jobs in Steele, AL:
- View More Jobs in Steele, AL
- More Maintenance Jobs in Steele, AL
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Steele, AL
- More Valmont Industries, Inc. Jobs in Steele, AL
View More Jobs in Alabama:
- View More Jobs in Alabama
- More Maintenance Jobs in Alabama
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Steele, AL
- More Valmont Industries, Inc. Jobs in Alabama