Maintenance PLC Technician (Hourly)The Kroger Co. - Columbus, OH
Company Name: Columbus Bakery
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Support programming, troubleshooting, calibration, project implementation and network Integration. Responsible for keeping the automated industrial control systems current. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Demonstrate thorough understanding of industrial control systems and Programmable Logic Computers (PLC's). * Effectively maintain programming, hardware networking and communication; troubleshoot, determine causes of failure and perform corrective actions; oversee full industrial control system project implementation on both hardware and software problems. * Support predictive and preventative maintenance program. * Support internal projects * Drive plant control system upgrades. * Ensure compliance with Controls Change Management System. * Able to troubleshoot and calibrate the following properly and safely: control panels using relay logic; Cam-driven switch boxes; heat and humidity control systems; process control valves; pneumatic control systems; hydraulic control systems; metal detection systems; ink jet coding systems, electronic scaling systems, electronic meters. * Able to interface with and troubleshoot the following motor control equipment properly and safely: motor starters, run relays; Variable Frequency Drives(VFDs); Servo motors and controls. * Able to interface with and troubleshoot Allen Bradley and other plant PLC's including: connecting to the PLC, reading ladder logic, programming, diagnosing hardware and software problems. * Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements. * Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems * Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles. * Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports. * Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age. * High School Diploma or GED. * Sound working knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices; AC and DC Electrical Theory; reading/creating electrical prints and control schematics; motor control; personal computer hardware and software; computer networks; Kroger Down Time (KDT) Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems; pneumatic and hydraulic valves; photo eyes; proximity sensors; limit switches; breakers; fuses. * 3 - 5 years PLC and HMI programming experience. * Experience with full Industrial Control System project implementation. * Excellent communication skills. * Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions. * Ability to travel independently.
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE
* 2-4 years maintenance mechanic experience. * Familiarity with other brands of PLC hardware and software.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH || Columbus || 457 Cleveland Ave || 43215 || Columbus Bakery || None || Facilities Maintenance; Manufacturing || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
8 days 16 hours ago
applyMaintenance PLC Technician (Hourly) The Kroger Co. - Columbus, OH, United States
In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.”
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Service Technician/Engineer
- Maintenance Technician
- Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technician
- Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technician
View More Jobs in Columbus, OH:
- View More Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More Maintenance PLC Technician (Hourly) Jobs in Columbus, OH
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Columbus, OH
View More Jobs in Ohio:
- View More Jobs in Ohio
- More Maintenance PLC Technician (Hourly) Jobs in Ohio
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Ohio