MED SOCIAL WORKER-BSWUpper Valley Medical Center - Troy, OH
','MED SOCIAL WORKER-BSW','039821','!*!SOCIAL SERVICES PART-TIME/8A-5:30P, VARIABLE/24 HOURS PER PAYUnder the general supervision of the Manger of Integrated Care Management, the Social Worker collaboratively works within the Care Management Team to interact with patients, families, and health care providers to insure that cost effective, quality of care is provided throughout the continuum of healthcare. The Social Worker assesses implements, coordinates, collaborates, and communicates options/services needed to meet the individual’s healthcare needs. He/She provides direct patient/family/provider contact, participates in daily team “huddles” on the units, and implements discharge/transition planning for nursing home, long term acute care (LTAC), assisted living, Hospice placement and maternal/newborn needs. The Social Worker provides psychosocial services related to illness/hospitalization, emotional, financial, cultural, and family concerns. He/She also facilitates connection of both inpatients and outpatients with available community agencies & services. ','!*!EDUCATION: Baccalaureate degree in social work, accredited by the Council on Social work Education. Masters degree preferred.
LICENSURE: Must hold current Ohio Licensure for Social Workers. Must have at least one year experience in medical social work.
• Must have a good knowledge of principles of social work. Must understand the purpose and function of the hospital and learn its policies and procedures. Must have a good understanding of community social, health, and welfare agencies. Must have a working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance policies and requirements for coverage of all levels of care.
• Must demonstrate emotional stability, have flexibility, function independently, and have the ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to communicate orally, understand and interact 100% of work time with physician, ancillary staff, patients and their families, and community agencies personnel. Must be able to visually review a record at least 100% of time.
• Ability to be mobile in patient care areas 60% of work time when talking with patient and their families to assess discharge planning needs.
• Ability to communicate all interactions with patient, families, ancillary staff, physicians, and community personnel in writing for up to 60% of work time when doing discharge planning.','OHIO-TROY-Upper Valley Medical Center','3130 N COUNTY ROAD 25A','','TROY','45373-1337','8-5:30','8-5:30','8 Hour Shift Length','8 Hour Shift Length','24','24','MED SOCIAL WORKER-BSW
14 days 16 hours ago
applyMED SOCIAL WORKER-BSW Upper Valley Medical Center - Troy, OH, United States
Upper Valley Medical Center (UVMC) is a not-for-profit health care provider committed to serving the health care needs of Miami County, Ohio, and the surrounding area. Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services are provided with a full complement of diagnostic and treatment services and behavioral health care programs.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- MED SOCIAL WORKER-BSW-SUPP
View More Jobs in Troy, OH:
- View More Jobs in Troy, OH
- More MED SOCIAL WORKER BSW Jobs in Troy, OH
- More Healthcare Jobs in Troy, OH
- More Upper Valley Medical Center Jobs in Troy, OH
View More Jobs in Ohio:
- View More Jobs in Ohio
- More MED SOCIAL WORKER BSW Jobs in Ohio
- More Healthcare Jobs in Troy, OH
- More Upper Valley Medical Center Jobs in Ohio