Life Sciences Market Development ScientistAgilent Technologies, Inc. - Wilmington, DE
Life Sciences Market Development Scientist
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Regional Life Sciences Market Development Scientist is part of the AFO Market Development team of Agilent Technologies. The team works closely with Segment Marketing Managers on producing relevant content for marketing campaigns. It also works with Product Management, R&D, and Field Partners on development, transfer and potentially for productizing new workflow solutions. Agilent offers a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions – from improving lab productivity, to workflow solutions developed to facilitate unlocking the complexities of today’s environment in Academic Research, Food Testing, and Biotherapeutics as examples. We are hiring an experienced scientist to support and develop scientific collaborations with key opinion leaders in Life Science Research (LSR) markets. You will help the company to stay current with emerging applications and approved methods, while developing integrated workflow solutions.
The successful candidate will be motivated by joining Agilent and work at the interface between innovation, technology and biology and will operate in collaboration with a diverse group of scientists across various disciplines of Research to actively drive technological innovations. The selected individual will be a well-organized and a highly productive bench scientist that can design and execute experiments efficiently, as well as analyze, interpret and present data to multidisciplinary project teams.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with Segment Marketing/Market Development to set LSR collaboration strategies in the USA, with clear timelines and deliverables
• Develop technical relationship and leadership to drive strategic collaboration projects with Academic and Industry leading scientists in USA. Provide training and support to them through a well-defined collaboration scope of work. It will ensure key milestones are delivered on time and with high quality
• Identify the next big or emerging Life Sciences market opportunity with sustainable business potential, is critical in contributing to a company’s growth, and for maintaining a competitive edge. The successful candidate will develop new scientific collaborations so that appropriate sales and marketing collateral can be generated as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Guide the development of analytical workflow strategies to strengthen Agilent’s value proposition and differentiation using an integrated approach including the comprehensive Agilent portfolio
• Collaborate and ensure alignment of LSR collaboration plans among Segment Marketing, Product Management, Regional Market Development and Field Partners
• Effectively communicate the project results and a compelling story through application notes, posters, presentations, webinars, publications and international conferences when applicable. Actively engage in research networks and scientific societies to foster relationships and engage early in business opportunities. This will contribute to the success of LSR business in the region
• Stay alerted on important and relevant regulations, and market trends for identification of potential new collaborations and future projects. Identify funding flows and funding bodies. This will help in building strategies early to stay ahead of the competition
• Ph.D Degree in Life Sciences, or equivalent (demonstrated by 5 years working experience in Academia or in Industry)
• Demonstrated expertise in operating Mass Spectrometry, Chromatography, BioInformatics and other Biological measurement systems with proven experience in Life Science Research: Molecular Biology, Multi-omics workflows (Metabolomics, Proteomics, Lipidomics, Microbiome).
• Ability to work independently with such equipment to develop methods and trouble shoot both instrument set up and method in the process. Proven hands-on experience with Agilent systems and workflows is a plus.
• Demonstrated Business Acumen and understanding of creating customer value propositions. Our Scientists must contribute to research-to-business development initiatives and programs.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and multitask. Project Management experience is thus necessary to keep all active development projects well prioritized and focused on critical deliverables.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated experience in public speaking e.g. at international conferences and symposiums.
• Critical-Thinking: Being able to process the information or data in a way to make recommendations for improvement of workflows, software and hardware requirements to meet customer’s needs
• Ability to travel in country as required up to 50% of the time
• Pleasant personality and great team work spirit
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Agilent CrossLab Group
Application Dev Engineer/Scientist
Country or Area:
Yes, 50% of the Time
(Temp Positions Only):
HR Country Location:
HR Town/City Location :
17554 days 4 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals:
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Head of Media Strategy - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
- Senior Brand Manager - Pharmaceuticals
- Senior Data Scientist Marketing Analytics Enterprise Brand
- Director Marketing Analytics
New York City, NY
- Vice President (VP) of Marketing
New York City, NY
View More Jobs in Wilmington, DE:
- View More Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More Life Sciences Market Development Scientist Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More Marketing Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in Wilmington, DE
View More Jobs in Delaware:
- View More Jobs in Delaware
- More Life Sciences Market Development Scientist Jobs in Delaware
- More Marketing Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in Delaware