Junior AccountantBoat Owners Association of The United States - Alexandria, VA
- Job Location:Headquarters - Alexandria, VA
- Job Status:Full Time
- Position Type:Accounting
- Date Posted:11/2/2017
- Location Address:880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
- Job Description:
- BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is currently interviewing for a Junior Accountant to work at our Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. The primary position objective is to perform one or more of a wide variety of non-repetitive or complicated accounting functions; to assist other associates and to compile reports.
Major Responsibilities include:
1. Prepare, design, develop and maintain financial reports which may include one or more of the following:
*Statutory filings, annual and quarterly statutory statements and related exhibits and schedules.
*GAAP filings and related exhibits and schedules.
*Payroll and related regulatory filings.
*1099 and related regulatory filings.
*Internal management reports (i.e. IS, BS, BOD, Flash, Plan).
2. Perform financial and system research and analysis which may include:
*Variance and ratio.
*Validating test data.
3. Perform process start-to finish which may include one or more of the following:
*Statutory quarter, annual and audited statements.
*Monitoring account reconciliations.
*Banking, treasury and cash management.
*Insurance department financial exams.
4. Prepare journal entries and reconciliations.
5. Learn, become versed and knowledgeable and remain current in the following:
*All company business lines, products and states in which the companies transact.
AR, AP, GL, Cash, Payroll and Plan processes.
6. Research statutory accounting requirements and report findings. Remain current with new legislation, trends and issues which may impact the manner the companies transact business; especially as they relate to statutory and GAAP accounting matters.
7. Develop, implement and maintain procedures to ensure all filings and reports are issued timely, accurately and efficiently.
8. Special project, as assigned.
- Job Requirements:
- Required Qualifications:
* BA or BS in Accounting
* Strong analytical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to research statutory regulations, accounting principles and practices, translate, communicate and apply findings in practice.
* Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, work independently, multi-task, self-direct as well as manage others.
*Software skills: Must be proficient in Excel and Word. At least a beginner in PowerPoint.
* Masters degree
* Insurance industry experience, property & casualty preferable.
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through Geico Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at ******************* or **************.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
BoatU.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
applyJunior Accountant Boat Owners Association of The United States - Alexandria, VA, United States
Boat Owners Association of The United States has worked to provide quality service, savings, and representation to the boating community since 1966. Today, over half a million Members know it "pays to belong".
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Dynamics NAV Junior Staff Accountant- Rockville, MD- $55k
- Financial Management Junior
- Junior Accountant
- Senior Tax Accountant - CPA Firm
- 2018 Summer Intern - Washington D.C
View More Jobs in Alexandria, VA:
- View More Jobs in Alexandria, VA
- More Junior Accountant Jobs in Alexandria, VA
- More Accounting Jobs in Alexandria, VA
- More Boat Owners Association of The United States Jobs in Alexandria, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Junior Accountant Jobs in Virginia
- More Accounting Jobs in Alexandria, VA
- More Boat Owners Association of The United States Jobs in Virginia