Jr. Data Scientist JobScience Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Aberdeen, MD
Jr. Data Scientist Job
Jr. Data Scientist Job
Nov 28, 2017
Aberdeen, MD, US
Jr. Data Scientist (Job Number:429625)
SAIC is looking for a Jr. Data Scientist that will work in a dynamic and challenging environment supporting a US Army Client whose mission is to develop cutting edge technical solutions to developing Biometrics Analytic Resource Tools, architecture and infrastructure on a current and future Army system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops parallel data-intensive systems using Big Data technologies.
- Works with the full open source Hadoop stack from cluster management, to data repositories, to analytics software, to schedulers.
- Works in on-premises or public cloud environments to build scalable systems.
- Determines the appropriate database given the data and analytics needs, whether file structures such as HDFS, relational databases including NewSQL, non- relational NoSQL databases including in-memory databases.
- Optimizes the distribution of data across nodes and the performance of NoSQL repositories.
- Identifies performance bottle-necks and evaluates scaling benchmarks.
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more of related experience.
- TS/SCI Clearance.
- Experience with DoD / DOS Biometrics Programs such as BATS, BISA, THOR, VIBES, etc...
- DoDD 8570 IAT II Certified (Security )
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Aug 4, 2017, 12:49:50 PM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking:
Yes, 10% of the time
Nearest Major Market:
Database, Scientific, Engineer, Scientist, Cloud, Technology, Engineering, Science
7 days 13 hours ago
applyJr. Data Scientist Job Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Aberdeen, MD, United States
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Jr. Data Scientist Job
View More Jobs in Aberdeen, MD:
- View More Jobs in Aberdeen, MD
- More Jr. Data Scientist Job Jobs in Aberdeen, MD
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Aberdeen, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Jr. Data Scientist Job Jobs in Maryland
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Maryland