Jewel-Osco Culinary Manager TraineeSUPERVALU INC. - Itasca, IL
Jewel-Osco Culinary Manager Trainee','26191','Jun 1, 2015','Illinois-Itasca','','!*!
JOB TITLE: Culinary Manager
DEPARTMENT: CK Grill
To execute the production of hot and cold, sometimes made-to-order foods for sale in the store. To make banner recommendations around Culinary Manager demonstrations and in-store tastings that will engage our consumers; to attain budgeted sales and profit goals of the CK Grill. To train and supervise associates; to evaluate and counsel associates regarding performance; to communicate all necessary information relating to the CK Grill with Director and VP of Fresh Food Merchandising; to monitor and enforce government and Company regulations;
Accountable and reports to: Director Fresh Food Merchandising, Store Director, Asst. Store Director
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
• Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
• Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
• Assists customers by: (examples include) o escorting them to the products they’re looking for
o securing products that are out of reach
o loading or unloading heavy items
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
• Designs and prepares meals in-store utilizing culinary expertise; promotes and provides quality food services.
• Enhances the public awareness of the Company’s food service products, especially as they relate to the CK Grill.
• Monitors temperatures of all hot and cold units for proper holding procedures.
• Responsible for projecting and attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, and profit goals for CK Grill.
• Supervises the prudent purchase of quality raw materials and supplies from approved suppliers. Monitors current procedures and recommends changes to achieve greatest economies of raw materials while maintaining product quality.
• Develops plans for CK Grill around price, promotion and marketing
• Enforces sanitation procedures to ensure clean and sanitary conditions at all times; exceeds local Health Department Regulations.
• Develops new products to increase sales and elevate the quality perception of Company products; work with store and banner level personnel to improve presentation and handling of CK Grill products.
• Communicates with Director of Fresh Food on all CK Grill activities.
• Analyzes market demographics and consumer trends to make recommendations CK Grill concept growth and expansion.
• Conducts product reviews to make recommendations for CK Grill product offerings.
• Complies with and enforces government and Company policies and procedures.
• Cleans all department utensils, equipment, merchandising tables and cases, food preparation surfaces, floors, doors, walls, and storage areas according to sanitation schedule and standards.
• Prepares and completes all daily bookwork, record keeping and documentation required by Company or Store Director.
• Checks in product, puts product away, and reviews invoices.
• Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress. ','Jewel-Osco Culinary Manager Trainee
6 days 19 hours ago
applyJewel-Osco Culinary Manager Trainee SUPERVALU INC. - Itasca, IL, United States
SUPERVALU® is a grocery industry leader, serving customers through more than 3,400 owned, licensed, franchised and affiliated stores across the country. Our roots are in supply chain and wholesale distribution; in subsequent years we’ve grown to include traditional and hard discount grocery retail formats. Today we proudly provide millions of customers with the best products on the shelves: national brands and our high-quality and affordable private label products. Superior service, engrained in our culture, sets us apart from the competition and provides the experience our customers expect.
View More Jobs in Itasca, IL:
- View More Jobs in Itasca, IL
- More Jewel Osco Culinary Manager Trainee Jobs in Itasca, IL
- More Hospitality Jobs in Itasca, IL
- More SUPERVALU INC. Jobs in Itasca, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Jewel Osco Culinary Manager Trainee Jobs in Illinois
- More Hospitality Jobs in Itasca, IL
- More SUPERVALU INC. Jobs in Illinois