Investment AnalystKemper Corporation. - Chicago, IL
Kemper has an immediate need for an experienced and motivated Investment Analyst. The role is primarily responsible for analyzing the credit worthiness of various fixed income issuers including corporations and municipal entities, generating investment ideas, and making appropriate buy, sell and hold recommendations to the portfolio managers. The individual will also aid in evaluating and monitoring the Company’s alternative investments which include private debt and private equity assets.
• Analyze various private and public fixed income issuers across various sectors
• Develop and maintain written credit evaluations including issuer overview, industry and competitive analysis, ratio analysis and other relevant information based on qualitative and fundamental factors
• Monitor existing holdings within the fixed income portfolio and assist in the maintenance of the research database
• Make buy, sell and hold recommendations to the portfolio managers both verbally and in writing within a relative value framework
• Perform quarterly valuations of various private debt and private equity investments
• Assist other departments on various information requests
• Bachelor Degree required; Preferably in Finance, Accounting and/or Business
• Experience with the following a plus: FactSet, Bloomberg, Access, Thomson Reuters
• Must be self-motivated, possess a passion for investment management, integrity, and a commitment to continuing individual development
• Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, decision making ability, and communication skills, verbal and written
• CFA/MBA or willingness to pursue; required
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
-MO +CB -LJ +GD -IN -MSJ -PT
12 days 20 hours ago
applyInvestment Analyst Kemper Corporation. - Chicago, IL, United States
Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company with subsidiaries that provide an array of products to the individual and small business market. Kemper Personal and Commercial Lines sells Auto, Home and Package Plus policies through independent agencies. Kemper Specialty California sells personal Auto insurance in the state of California through independent agents and brokers to customers who may have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining insurance in the past. Kemper Direct sells Auto and Home by phone and online. Kemper also offers Life and Health Insurance through Kemper Home Service Companies and Reserve National.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- TPS Payment Portfolio Support Analyst
- Senior Financial Analyst II
- Financial Analyst - R05306
Oak Brook, IL
- Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Burr Ridge, IL
- Financial Controllers
Elk Grove Village, IL
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Investment Analyst Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Investment Analyst Jobs in Illinois
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in Illinois