Inventory Asset ManagerUnisys - Washington Navy Yard, DC
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Inventory/Asset Manager to join our team in either Kansas City, St. Louis or Washington, DC. to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
A successful applicant will be responsible for functioning as a working Manager for client specific asset management resource team. This resource will require excellent communication skills in both oral and written correspondence. As well as being able to analyze data from multiple data sources including, but not limited to SCCM, ADDM, IBM BigFix and other similar data sets.
The ideal candidate is one that has a strong technical background that can perform daily Asset/Configuration Management functions including data analysis, reporting and process monitoring and improvement activities. Must be able to lead a team of professionals in developing and supporting end-to-end asset management (full lifecycle), including licensing and maintenance requirements.
Candidate will be responsible for end user asset refresh functioning as part of an overall asset management resource team. Plan and execute technical end user asset refresh with ability to interface with clients, use and create reports, and lead the refresh project.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Asset Management team and work with on-site and local field resources to identify and validate complete life cycle of end user and enterprise assets
- Work with the Asset Management team, Project Management Office (PMO) and service delivery teams to provide Ad-Hoc reports.
- Work with field resources and service delivery teams to identify missing information, obtain that info and load the missing information into a CMDB: Remedy experience preferred.
- Work with data to eliminate inconsistencies and perform other due diligence analysis of the data and then take steps to correct the data in ITSM
- Work with client to obtain and populate all Software License Data and client provided data in ITSM.
- Work with client to reconcile all software licenses against all installed software instances to measure and report on software license compliance.
- Coordinate activities with data center personnel to capture and update all data changes resulting from data center activities.
- Manage and process ASN data from new bulk procurements of new assets.
- Manage and process data from new disposals during the refresh.
- Lead Asset Management team to follow defined processes to ensure data accuracy within the Asset Management CMDB System: Remedy experience preferred.
- Participate in client status meetings.
- Participate in Change Control Board meetings.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years of related experience
- BMC Remedy CMDB configuration experience preferred
- Five years Inventory/Asset Management experience in a large Infrastructure Operations environment
- Effective communication skills - must be fluent in English
- Experience in developing reports and process improvements
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and database concepts
- Must be able to analyze data from multiple data sources such as, but not limited to, SCCM, ADDM, IBM BigFix, and Solar Winds or other similar data collecting tool sets.
- Should be well versed in ITIL v3 Foundation background (certification preferred), operational familiarity with BMC Remedy or similar tool set and have a solid understanding of Asset Management Best practices. Certification in ITIL Service Delivery Management is preferred.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, youll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal governments critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the worlds largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4285
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
- 4000 Wisconsin Ave.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
16 days 22 hours ago
applyInventory Asset Manager Unisys - Washington Navy Yard, DC, United States
We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Asset Manager
- Software Asset Manager
- Asset Manager/Asset Operations Staff
- Asset Manager/Asset Operations Staff
- Asset Manager
View More Jobs in Washington Navy Yard, DC:
- View More Jobs in Washington Navy Yard, DC
- More Inventory Asset Manager Jobs in Washington Navy Yard, DC
- More Unisys Jobs in Washington Navy Yard, DC
View More Jobs in District of Columbia:
- View More Jobs in District of Columbia
- More Inventory Asset Manager Jobs in District of Columbia
- More Unisys Jobs in District of Columbia