InternshipMetropolitan Life Insurance Company - MetLife - New York City, NY
Confirm contact information to apply:
, and agree to receive email job alerts.
Internship - FP&A - Summer 2018
United States : New York : New York
Role Value Proposition:
The MetLife FP&A Internships are designed to offer students the opportunity to learn how a global support finance operates while gaining invaluable experience as they embark upon their prospective careers. The individual will assist with the various functions of the department.
• Within the Legal/Audit and EG group, the intern will be involved in the monthly close process, learn accounting principles by creating journal entries to align expenses for the close.
• Assist with creation of Flash budget reporting for management, budgeting process, processing legal foreign invoices to be sent to POAP.
• Monitor T360 for Attorney Approvals during accrual period and Special Projects – Global Reporting, Outside Counsel, and Jet forecasting.
• Within the GMB / HR / Finance and GRM group, the intern will be involved in the monthly close process.
• Assist in the budgeting process.Learn accounting principles by creating journal entries to align expenses for the close.Assist with creation of Flash budget reporting for management. Assist in the ad-hoc Finance reporting, GBM Vendor Spend reporting, and Special Projects - Global Reporting
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program in Accounting or Finance
Strong interpersonal, time management, and organization skills
Familiarity with MS applications
Global Support Finance, Global Support Functions
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal
action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 94410
8 days 18 hours ago
applyInternship Metropolitan Life Insurance Company - MetLife - New York City, NY, United States
MetLife, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. It operates in six segments: Retail; Group, Voluntary & Worksite Benefits; Corporate Benefit Funding; Latin America; Asia; and Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The company provides variable, universal, term, and whole life products; individual disability income products; personal lines property and casualty insurance, including private passenger automobile, homeowners, and personal excess liability insurance; and variable and fixed annuities for asset accumulation and distribution needs, as well as mutual funds and other securities products. It also offers group insurance products, such as variable, universal, and term life products; dental, group short- and long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment coverages; and voluntary and worksite products consisting of personal lines property and casualty insurance, as well as LTC, prepaid legal plans, and critical illness products. In addition, the company provides annuity and investment products comprising guaranteed interest products and other stable value products, income annuities, and separate account contracts for the investment management of defined benefit and defined contribution plan assets; and structured settlements and products to fund postretirement benefits and company-, bank- or trust-owned life insurance, as well as health insurance, group medical, credit insurance, endowment, retirement, and savings products. It serves individuals and corporations, as well as other institutions and their employees. The company sells its products through sales forces, third-party organizations, independent agents, and property and casualty specialists, as well as through career agency, bancassurance, direct marketing, brokerage, and e-commerce channels. MetLife, Inc. was founded in 1863 and is based in New York, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Intern - Facilities Management
Franklin Lakes, NJ
- CIP Intern - Sales
New York City, NY
- Finance and Procurement Data Intern
- FINANCE INTERN
View More Jobs in New York City, NY:
- View More Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Internship Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Metropolitan Life Insurance Company - MetLife Jobs in New York City, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Internship Jobs in New York
- More Metropolitan Life Insurance Company - MetLife Jobs in New York