International Audit LeaderW.R. Berkley Corporation - Greenwich, CT
W.R. Berkley Corporation is looking for dynamic candidates for their International Audit Manager/Leader opportunity in Greenwich, CT. The ideal candidate will have exposure to, and experience with, U.S. owned companies with foreign subsidiaries.
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates worldwide in two segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance and Reinsurance. Each of the operating units within Berkley participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about a territory or product.
Travel Required: London, Continental Europe, Australia, Asia and Latin America. The overall estimated travel is 50%.
About this role
Lead and/or assist in the performance of multi-disciplinary audits completed for the international insurance and reinsurance segments of W. R. Berkley Corporation (WRBC). Continue to develop and refine the long-term plans for providing internal audit services throughout the various regions.
- Continue the ongoing development of an international multi-year audit plan. This includes the expansion and understanding of the international risk universe.
- Participate in the annual risk assessment used to develop the annual audit plans. The risk assessment should include an understanding of the WRBC Group Risk registers, the various companies’ Risk Registers, financial results, and input from key departments.
- Coordinate and develop the co-source arrangement in place for Internal Audit in the U.K and Europe.
- Enhance the interface and coordinate with Internal Audit functions existing within the segments.
- Lead and/or perform multi-disciplinary audits throughout the international insurance and reinsurance segments. This includes:
- Staffing and planning audits utilizing professionals from the WRBC Internal Audit Department, WRBC Operating Units, and/or the co-source provider.
- Assess practices, procedures, results and controls of the subject unit and/or function.
- Assess effectiveness of the organizational structure, staffing and management information.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Lead and/or participate in closing meetings and Senior Management debriefings.
- Develop opportunities for improvement, and document issues and recommendations.
- Prepare written reports
- Utilize RSA Archer’s Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance software to document audit work papers, identify reportable issues, monitor Sarbanes Oxley 404 testing progress, and follow-up on remedial actions.
- Coordinate with the Global Sarbanes Oxley Coordinators to ensure that Management’s testing is appropriately executed and the results reported across the international segments.
- Be acquainted with regulatory requirements and changes as defined by key regulators such as Lloyds of London, the Prudential Regulatory Authority (U.K.), the Financial Conduct Authority (U.K.), the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA), and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
- Interact with key contacts throughout the international segments such as individual Risk Officers and the respective Audit Committee members.
- Contribute to the development of the Internal Audit Department team members.
Required Education and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant degree from an accredited college or university
- CPA, CIA or Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 10 years insurance and audit experience
- Substantial knowledge of the London market and Lloyd’s operations (including China).
- Exposure to, and experience with, U.S. owned companies with foreign subsidiaries.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, Solvency II, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong leader and manager
- Proven understanding and implementation of “value added” audit principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with management, staff and clients.
- Strong work ethic
- Independent decision making abilities
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- A willingness to roll up sleeves and get the work done versus delegating.
- Excellent MS Word, MS Excel, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an environment with minimal administrative support.
- Multi-lingual (ideally fluent in Spanish)
Qualified candidate resumes should be sent by clicking apply now.
17 days 7 hours ago
W.R. Berkley Corporation
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates worldwide in two segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance and Reinsurance.Each of the operating units within Berkley participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about a territory or product.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Financial Manager
- Job offer Vice President – Financial Security Auditor Standa...
New City, NY
- Accounts Payable & Payroll Administrator
- Staff Accountant, Financial Consolidations
- Accounting Manager, Sports
View More Jobs in Greenwich, CT:
- View More Jobs in Greenwich, CT
- More International Audit Leader Jobs in Greenwich, CT
- More Accounting Jobs in Greenwich, CT
- More W.R. Berkley Corporation Jobs in Greenwich, CT
View More Jobs in Connecticut:
- View More Jobs in Connecticut
- More International Audit Leader Jobs in Connecticut
- More Accounting Jobs in Greenwich, CT
- More W.R. Berkley Corporation Jobs in Connecticut