Intern - Graphic Web DesignUnion Pacific Railroad Company - Omaha, NE
Intern - Graphic Web Design
Location: Omaha, NE
Closing Date: 06/22/2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Reference Number: ******
Job Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Union Pacific is accepting applications for a year-round student internship position available in the Corporate Communications organization in Omaha, Nebraska. This student currently enrolled in a four- or two- year college degree program will receive hands-on experience in a fast-paced business environment for one of Americas most recognized and successful transportation companies. Work schedules and hours will be flexibly designed to accommodate class schedules.
Internship requires the ability to create computer graphics to be used on a variety of online communication platforms. Candidate must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator with a working knowledge of HTML, CSS and social media. Responsibilities include creating icons, infographics, social media graphics, web ads, and prepping photos for online presentation. Experience and/or desire to learn shooting and editing video for social media a plus. The intern will be expected to assist with migrating files between content management systems. Candidate will need to meet deadlines and adhere to company brand standards. Correct English grammar and spelling will be required for all email communications.
To be eligible for consideration, students currently must be enrolled in a community college or university degree program for Digital Media Arts or Graphic Design for the web environment. Preference will be given to students with half of the college credits required for graduation. All internships will end upon graduation.
Candidates interviewed for the position will be required to have a digital portfolio showing examples of their work. They will be asked to talk about the technologies and collaborations involved in each project.
Only applicants who are currently enrolled and working towards a degree will be considered for this opportunity.
- Graphic development for company social media pages
- Social media research on campaigns to engage the public
- Graphic development for company websites
- Image prep for web viewing and download
- Web ad creation
- Project-based work involving HTML and CSS
- Digital image and web page migration to new content management systems
- Video recording and editing short videos for social media, with some training if necessary
- College credits equivalent to two years towards an undergraduate degree - Must be enrolled in a university degree program for Digital Media Arts or Graphic Design for the web environment.
- 1 year(s) experience / knowledge in graphic design for web, or digital media for web.
- Basic programming skills in HTML and CSS.
- Proficient software skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Union Pacific supports diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
22 days 11 hours ago
applyIntern - Graphic Web Design Union Pacific Railroad Company - Omaha, NE, United States
Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE:UNP) is one of America's leading transportation companies. Its principal operating company, Union Pacific Railroad, is North America's premier railroad franchise, covering 23 states across the western two-thirds of the United States.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Omaha, NE:
- View More Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Intern Graphic Web Design Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Union Pacific Railroad Company Jobs in Omaha, NE
View More Jobs in Nebraska:
- View More Jobs in Nebraska
- More Intern Graphic Web Design Jobs in Nebraska
- More Union Pacific Railroad Company Jobs in Nebraska