Industrial Design InternHoneywell International Inc. - Minneapolis, MN
Industrial Design Intern
Industrial Design Intern HRD11792
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Honeywell has big plans, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go. Honeywell is looking for an Industrial Design Intern to work in the Golden Valley, MN area.
Minneapolis is one of our nation's most livable cities with an active cultural and entertainment calendar. It offers a vibrant city and easy commuting. Spring, summer and fall are beautiful seasons with pleasant temperatures for lots of outdoor activities.
Candidate must be able to work in the US on a full-time basis after graduation without sponsorship
What You’ll Do
• Participate in defining and endorsing project parameters
• Ensure a variety of conceptual design alternatives are presented to satisfy user needs
• Create aspects of form, aesthetics and interfaces between users and products
• Generate appropriate documentation to satisfy project criteria
• Collaborate with team to effect convergence on one or more solutions and/or final designs
• Model Honeywell core behaviors of growth and customer focus, gets results, champions change, self-aware/learner, effective communication, integrative thinking and fostering teamwork and diversity.
How you’ll do it
• Participate in design projects to collaborate and develop convincing products with solid stories and great user experience.
• Maintain a continued understanding of the marketplace, competition, industry, methods, and relevant trends.
• Active interest and proactive approach to gain a solid fundamental understanding of the company’s objectives.
• Ability to carefully maintain and evolve the Honeywell brand design language in collaboration with the cross-functional team and design leadership, and to align with Honeywell’s overall branded goals.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Must be pursuing a graduate or undergrad degree in Industrial Design or related field
• Will have completed Junior year at start of Internship
• Able to complete internship prior to graduating
• Must submit a portfolio to be considered
• Minimum 1 year of experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and 3D software (Rhino or Solidworks preferred) Coursework included
• Proven ability to develop products through conceptual sketching, prototypes, model studies, 2D and 3D computer software.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience in both consulting & corporate design environments is a plus
• A great can-do, fearlessly positive attitude.
• Previous intern experience
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
How To Apply
17 days 22 hours ago
applyIndustrial Design Intern Honeywell International Inc. - Minneapolis, MN, United States
Honeywell International Inc. operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide. Its Aerospace segment provides turbine propulsion engines, auxiliary power units, environmental control and electric power systems, engine controls, flight safety, communications, navigation, radar and surveillance systems, and aircraft lighting products for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations, as well as offers management and technical, logistics, aircraft wheels and brakes, and repair and overhaul services. The companys Automation and Control Solutions segment offers environmental and combustion controls, and sensing controls; security and life safety products and services; scanning and mobility devices; process automation solutions; and building solutions and services for homes, buildings, and industrial facilities. Its Performance Materials and Technologies segment provides resins and chemicals, hydrofluoric acid, fluorochemicals, nuclear services, research and fine chemicals, performance and imaging chemicals, chemical processing sealants, fibers and composites, healthcare and packaging products, specialty additives, electronic chemicals, semiconductor materials and services, catalysts, renewable fuels, and adsorbents and specialties. This segment offers products for applications in the refining, petrochemical, automotive, healthcare, agricultural, packaging, refrigeration, appliance, housing, semiconductor, wax, and adhesives segments. It also provides process technology, products, and services for the petroleum refining, gas processing, renewable energy, and other industries. The companys Transportation Systems segment offers charge-air systems, thermal systems, and brake hard parts and other friction materials for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Honeywell International Inc. was founded in 1920 and is headquartered in Morris Township, New Jersey.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Continuous Improvement/Industrial Engineering Internship (Ma...
- Intern - Application Engineering
Eden Prairie, MN
- Intern - Manufacturing Engineering - Military veterans prefe...
- Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (June 2018 - Dec 2018)
- Mechanical Engineer Intern - Summer 2018
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Industrial Design Intern Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Engineering Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Honeywell International Inc. Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Industrial Design Intern Jobs in Minnesota
- More Engineering Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Honeywell International Inc. Jobs in Minnesota